Stephen Ireland

Richard

Now Ireland has come out and said the interview has been sensationalised and his words taken out of context etc so i'll ignore the part of Brum not being a very good city.

But the bit about him being the best player in training but never being picked - I believe every word he says.

Another case of believing what you want to believe im afraid

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty obvious that Houllier had it in for Ireland.

First thing he does is critisize him in the press.

Then he freezes him out of the first-team squad.

He was good enough for the bench at least - no need to be put into the reserves.

Then he tells him not to bother turning up on a matchday.

He was clearly trying to force him out of the club.

He also told him to move house even though Pires came from London every day, and his lover Ashley Young sold his house in the Midlands to commute from Hertfordshire.

He did this to Carew, Davies, Beye and Warnock as well.

Like I say, Houllier was a nasty piece of work.

This is what I posted on another forum:

"After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home," said Ireland, who is hoping to make his Newcastle debut against Everton this weekend.

"I trained during the week and on Fridays he told me, 'no point you coming, you are not in the team'.

"Yet I was the best player in training. It was my team that won in every session. One of the few times he played me, we drew 0-0 at Chelsea and I ended up man of the match.

"Apparently that didn't matter to him. I was stuck with being paid for doing nothing at all. I was left to myself. I had to pay out of my own pocket for medical treatment. Can you believe that?"

Ireland also took exception at being asked to move to Birmingham from his home in Manchester.

"Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham because it was taking me 75 minutes to come to training. But there were 15 players in the same position as me. Some came from London and took more than two hours, but he only asked me to move," he continued.

"For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn't going to make the effort, especially as I wasn't playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days.

"

Now Ireland has come out and said the interview has been sensationalised and his words taken out of context etc so i'll ignore the part of Brum not being a very good city.

But the bit about him being the best player in training but never being picked - I believe every word he says.

We all know what Houllier is like once he decides he doesn't like you, there's no way back - see Warnock, Beye, Davies etc.

I mean are you really telling me that Stephen Ireland wasn't good enough to make the bench? When we were playing the likes of Hogg during that injury crisis?

And also about being asked to move to Brum when other players lived further away than he did in London. Again I believe every word. Ashley Young sold his house in the West Midlands and now commutes from London but you don't see him being dropped from the team. Pires also commutes from London.

With Houllier, it's once rule for some, another rule for others.

Think about it, would Ireland make all this up?

No. This is true (ignoring parts about Brum and Cork/Ireland.)

I'm glad this has come out because it backs up my dislike of Houllier.

Houllier out

wow, are you his girlfriend? i know you cant be his nan, she died twice tragically.

so you believe he was the best player in training every week and your own words are " i will ignore the part about brum".

so you honestly think when the squad is riddled with injuries that the highest paid player who has just signed a long contract who is the best player on the training pitch every single week is not being picked becasue GH doesnt like him?

ok

and he had to pay for his own medical bills... now keeping an open mind just foir a split second, maybe it could possibly because the physios had checked him over, they sent him to the priory private hosiptal in edgbaston for scans who found nothing wrong with him but he still complained he was injured and couldnt play

then GH found out about it and rightly so got rather miffed?

otherwise you are expecting us to believe that aston villa want lose a player who cost £8 million and £80k ( reportedly) per week in wages, doing nothing? and not treating his injuries?

i know which version i believe

i dont know him, i dont wish to know him, what i have done is judge him on his previous record of bull shit, on what he did at this club playing wise and the lack of effort he showed when he did get chances, the mystery injuries he picked up which oddly he had to sort out himself, the slagging off of the club and the city and again his history of making up excuses to avoid playing games.

what i havent done is blindly worship a player or the club owner and not dare question anything they do

I may be in the minority but if I'm giving Big Eck a chance then I'll give Ireland a chance. I've heard he has been mountain walking with bricks in his backpack trying to get in peak condition for pre season. Weird way to get fit but seems he is a man on a mission to prove himself.

I may be in the minority but if I'm giving Big Eck a chance then I'll give Ireland a chance. I've heard he has been mountain walking with bricks in his backpack trying to get in peak condition for pre season. Weird way to get fit but seems he is a man on a mission to prove himself.

im pretty sure he said something simular last season about his 'home training' to get fit

maybe he forgot he used this one last year?

I am pretty sure he did the the pre-season before his breakout year at Man City.

I think with Ireland it is more to do with his mental state. If this helps him feel prepared and puts him in a good state of mind then great.

I would also hope that his wife's car accident has helped him become more focused in wanting a achieve something in his life. These incidents have a habit at making you appreciate your situation.

Good luck to him. If he gets it right he could be massive for us.

isee1.jpg

I'm pretty sure he did the bricks last year as well. I'm sure if you scrolled through you'd find this as an example of his dedication last season.

Saying that i'm ready to give him a shot, it was a funny situation he came into and maybe he can turn it around. I reckon if he stays he could take the '7' shirt.

Are you Ireland's agent?

Nope.

I'm just a Villa fan who wasn't fooled by Houllier.

He also lied about Warnock.

"He is out of the team for footballing reasons."

Yeah, sure mate. Sure.

You're telling me that a proven, experienced PL full-back who went to the last World Cup is not a good enough footballer to even train with the first-team?

Blatant lie.

Like I said, Houllier was a nasty piece of work.

footballing reasons = not good enough..

hard to argue with that really as he was at fault at giving alot of free kicks away and picking up bookings (also some of the free kicks he gave away lead to goals)

So on his footballing ability, he is not good enough to get in the team ahead of Ciaran Clark, Nathan Baker and even Fabian bloody Delph at left-back then?

Pull the other one.

It was a blatant lie by Houllier and Gary Mac.

hard to argue with that really as he was at fault at giving alot of free kicks away and picking up bookings (also some of the free kicks he gave away lead to goals)

So on his footballing ability, he is not good enough to get in the team ahead of Ciaran Clark, Nathan Baker and even Fabian bloody Delph at left-back then?

Pull the other one.

Footballing reasons could also include the effort that they put in during training

Pull the other one.

Footballing reasons could also include the effort that they put in during training

I thought GH said he was a different player in training, that means IMO that he could not bring his A game with him from training. Which is easier to remedy than not having an A game.

Pull the other one.

In terms of footballing ability I have never been impressed by him, when he signed I made it clear I thought and still think it is/was a waste of money.

In terms of form he is/was woeful.

It's pretty obvious that Houllier had it in for Ireland.

First thing he does is critisize him in the press.

Then he freezes him out of the first-team squad.

He was good enough for the bench at least - no need to be put into the reserves.

Then he tells him not to bother turning up on a matchday.

He was clearly trying to force him out of the club.

He also told him to move house even though Pires came from London every day, and his lover Ashley Young sold his house in the Midlands to commute from Hertfordshire.

He did this to Carew, Davies, Beye and Warnock as well.

Like I say, Houllier was a nasty piece of work.

This is what I posted on another forum:

"After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home," said Ireland, who is hoping to make his Newcastle debut against Everton this weekend.

"I trained during the week and on Fridays he told me, 'no point you coming, you are not in the team'.

"Yet I was the best player in training. It was my team that won in every session. One of the few times he played me, we drew 0-0 at Chelsea and I ended up man of the match.

"Apparently that didn't matter to him. I was stuck with being paid for doing nothing at all. I was left to myself. I had to pay out of my own pocket for medical treatment. Can you believe that?"

Ireland also took exception at being asked to move to Birmingham from his home in Manchester.

"Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham because it was taking me 75 minutes to come to training. But there were 15 players in the same position as me. Some came from London and took more than two hours, but he only asked me to move," he continued.

"For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn't going to make the effort, especially as I wasn't playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days.

"

We all know what Houllier is like once he decides he doesn't like you, there's no way back - see Warnock, Beye, Davies etc.

I mean are you really telling me that Stephen Ireland wasn't good enough to make the bench? When we were playing the likes of Hogg during that injury crisis?

And also about being asked to move to Brum when other players lived further away than he did in London. Again I believe every word. Ashley Young sold his house in the West Midlands and now commutes from London but you don't see him being dropped from the team. Pires also commutes from London.

With Houllier, it's once rule for some, another rule for others.

Think about it, would Ireland make all this up?

No. This is true (ignoring parts about Brum and Cork/Ireland.)

I'm glad this has come out because it backs up my dislike of Houllier.

Houllier out

I love the part in bold ...

Errrr yeah, he would make stuff up, the guy is an idiot. :lol: