Stephen Ireland

Richard

For all I think that somewhere in there is a good player and McLeish could be the one to uncover it, it does not detract from the fact he slagged off our club, he slagged off our city and he slagged off our people.

I dont care if he is the son of McGrath - he can go and shove is stupid bald head up a cows backside.

Get rid of the cock - I haven't despised a villa player as much since Sasa Curcic and (can't bring myself to say the name that played in 1986)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't see Ireland ever amounting to anything here sadly.

I haven't despised a villa player as much since Sasa Curcic

Why did you hate Ćurčić?

when i think of how one moment can define a players season, with SI i think of the effort against Chelsea at VP, that he just screwed wide.

He scores and he is a hero, he gathers momentum, gets some form, self belief and a passion for the club.

He misses, he lets his head go down, his mind drift elsewhere and becomes an irritant.

Sadly it was the latter. GH splurting his bollocks to the press was never going to help.

I must say, I am more looking forward to seeing how SI plays under the new gaffer. He is a confidence player. If he hits the ground running, we have a combo with bent and gabby upfront which could be special!

we all know the talent he has.....but he is one of them category

DON'T TELL ME SHOW ME.

He can only do that on the pitch.

Well, like it or not I can't see him going anywhere this summer. Unless he asks for a move (and at the minute he seems to be doing quite the opposite) McLeish seems the type to want to see for himself.

If there's one thing I do trust McLeish to do, it's get the players motivated and playing as a unit.

Does it matter what he said about Birmingham?

Lets be honest here, he would not be living in Birmingham anyway. But what does Birmingham offer that other Cities does not?

Birmingham has always been stuck in the dark ages when it comes to its nightlife ect. I dont blame him for what he said, because hes right!!!

Well then you can f**k off too :D

:lol:

On a saturday night, i wish i could!

In Manchester, you can get pissed and go to a shit club.

In Birmingham, you can get pissed and go to a shit club.

Same.

In Manchester, you can get pissed and go to good club.

In Birmingham, you can get pissed and go to a good club.

Same.

Has turned out to be a Lee Hendrie of our generation. Only difference is at least Lee wanted to play for us occasionally

No offence Rich, but ive been posting on this site for a couple of years now, and in all that has gone on over that time, im still yet to see a positive post from yourself!?

Personally I don't ever think he will be a hit for us but on the other hand what have we got to lose by giving him a second chance? We are paying £65k per week apparently. No one will match that and he's probably worth next to nothing because of those wages.

So we can either give him a chance and if he shines we either keep him or flog him on for a decent price. Or we loan him out with a huge subsidy on his wages.

So here's AMcL chance to prove he can manage.

SI is everything that is wrong with modern day football. If he stays at Villa then I hope he is a success and shows us this amazing talent people keep saying he's got, however, I will still think he is a complete word removed and hope he gets moved on asap.

One of the issues with Ireland for me is whether he has a clear 'best' position? He struggles in centre midfield in a 4-4-2, he can't really play out wide and he goes missing if played behind a striker in the 'no. 10' role. For me, he looks like yet another player that needs to play in a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 where he either has two other central midfielders alongside him or the support of another deeper-lying forward playing off a target-man. Which is fine if, in fact, we are going to play that formation - but it's sligthly concerning that the majority of the midfielders on our books look exposed in a 4-4-2 (Petrov, Delph, Makoun, Bannan) which somewhat limits what changes we can implement tactically during matches, let alone the starting line-up.

If McLeish can get consistently good performances out of Ireland, then we'll have a real player on our hands so let's hope he can. I think he's got a reasonably good record for getting the most out of limited players like Ferguson, Bowyer, Larsson and Gardner at Blues so maybe this could be one of the more pleasant surprises to watch this season.

Still think the club would move him on to Newcastle if a suitable bid is received though.

Allegedly allegedly allegedly SI and AMcL have spoken on the phone.

SI asked AMcL what he would like SI to do with regard to preseason training etc.

The response was 'what the f**k else would I want you to do except turn up, work hard and help me to help you turn your Villa career around. I don't care what's gone on before, on Friday you're part of this squad until you either f**k it up or Barcelona buy you.'

Not verbatim, but that's the jist of it. The Barcelona bit is true, neigh.

Well according to one of the papers he's 'pledged his future' to villa

Only because he knows nobody else will touch him.

Maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs. If he doesnt perform for us his career will quickly go straight down the pan. Dont get me wrong, i want him gone but if he can be at least half decent for us then im fine with that

We shouldn't write him off just yet, as he has only played 10 games for us. So could turn out to be a good player like Downing. However could have been a one season wonder like other players have....so best thing to do is wait and see. I'd guess he will come good, as he has undoubted talent, but would depend on what system we are going to play.

The response was 'what the f**k else would I want you to do except turn up, work hard and help me to help you turn your Villa career around. I don't care what's gone on before, on Friday you're part of this squad until you either f**k it up or Barcelona buy you.'

I would love it if that was word for word what AM said to SI! :D

Im beggining to take a real liking to AM to be fair.

I would love it if that was word for word what AM said to SI! :D

Im beggining to take a real liking to AM to be fair.

If this is his words, he is my kind of man!

Allegedly allegedly allegedly SI and AMcL have spoken on the phone.

SI asked AMcL what he would like SI to do with regard to preseason training etc.

Not verbatim, but that's the jist of it. The Barcelona bit is true, neigh.

If that's the case I give it until Monday afternoon.

And I don't think Barcelona will be looking to replace Messi with Ireland just yet.