Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hardly played for a good reason, when he did play, he was really poor.

He was injured and loaned out for most of the season.

Fully fit and motivated he is a top class player.

Wasn't really injured while at Villa and again ...he was loaned out because of how poor he was when he was given the chance...

Its not through bad luck he as ended up in the position hes in now, he lefy city undr a cloud, then pissed us lot off with his shit play and hes dont give a f**k attitude. On being loaned out to Newcastle he proceeded to go out on the piss while injured........the guys a loser, unfortunalty were stuck with his mega high wage for at least 3 more years.

Who mentioned NZogbia? No ft.

Richard, Hendrie played over 300 games for us and always played for the shirt. Any time he, or anyone else in the team scored that passion was there for all to see. I don't think its a good comparasion mate.

He needs to come back with a good attitude for pre-season man. If he has that then I don't doubt he'll be competing for a starting slot. I don't doubt his ability. Hopefully he see's this as a fresh start under McLeish.

Well done lads write him off after half a season the club!

Dont shoot the messenger, its all his own doing and its a big big error on the part of Villa. Not sure who the doctor was for the medical but next time make sure any future player has a psychological assessment‎.

Under the right manager, with the right system and a run of games to get his mojo back, Stephen Ireland is a top class player who could be worth 15m this time next season and could be our player of the season in a heartbeat.

He's shown NOTHING for us, no question.

That doesn't stop him from being a very good player IF he can get it right.

Under the right manager, with the right system and a run of games to get his mojo back, Stephen Ireland is a top class player who could be worth 15m this time next season and could be our player of the season in a heartbeat.

He's shown NOTHING for us, no question.

That doesn't stop him from being a very good player IF he can get it right.

If hes player of the season next season n worth 15 mil then i sense a continuing trend...barry>milner>young>downing?...ireland?

something was seriously wrong with his transfer here from city, make no mistake about it, I dont think he even had a choice, as shown by his distinct lack of desire to play for us, however after spending 6 months up north im wondering if he may have accepted reality and that right now villa is as big as hes gonna get, if he comes to pre season with the right attitude then il give him a chance. :lol:

i still say theres a good player in there somewhere. he wasnt great for us but had a great game vs chelsea and was slated by GH any chance he had. played in his right position he could do a job for us

I think people overstate how badly he played for us. He did OK, he just didn't really spark as he had at Man City. He hadn't played huge numbers of games though, and not always in the right position, so I wasn't hugely surprised at the time and was happy to give him a fair bit more time than he'd had.

I thought he threw in a couple of decent performances as it happens. Some real dross as well, but he was handled terribly and for such a flakey character it was poor management.

His attitude is more than questionable. But I'll never deny his talent. Who knows what will happen, this thread seems to be going round in circles.

Thought he didn't do too badly myself. Looked really sharp when he came on against fulham.... We had a while squad under performing at the time..... Think people expected a lot from him but he was just average. Which made him look worse then others.

Thought he didn't do too badly myself. Looked really sharp when he came on against fulham.... We had a while squad under performing at the time..... Think people expected a lot from him but he was just average. Which made him look worse then others.

I even seem to remember him getting 'stuck in' against Blackburn around Christmas time, our biggest threat before being unceremoniously dragged off at half time. Second half against Arsenal I believe around the same time he wasn't too shabby. Led a semi-revival. And he was pretty good in the cup game against the scum.

So there's 4 appearances out of how many(?) that he wasn't dreadful in despite being played out of position at times and baring the brunt for defensive errors at others.

I think, maybe, Stephen Ireland became a scapegoat for both the fans and the manager. His schoolboy attitude doesn't help, but there's a **** player in there.