Stephen Ireland

Richard

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Stephen Ireland needs a good kick up the hole and be told to cop himself on and I hope McLeish gives it to him.

Personally I think he's damaged goods and should be moved on, but I have no doubt he'd rather sit on the bench or at home in Manchester and pick up his wages rather then move elsewhere on lower wages to get more game time because that's the kind of guy he is iykwim.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think he's damaged goods and should be moved on, but I have no doubt he'd rather sit on the bench or at home in Manchester and pick up his wages rather then move elsewhere on lower wages to get more game time because that's the kind of guy he is iykwim.
Yeah, but wiwcutlbofp?

Yeah, but wiwcutlbofp?

for the life of me i cannot figure out that one...

On topic though - Ireland has talent and can play really good football. Houlier clearly hadnt a clue how to handle him, but big eck has a history of knocking these types of player into shape so maybe he can sort him out? I'll reserve judgement until we see him in preseason.

if i'm honest, i think he'll be on his way before the close of the transfer window

Yeah, but wiwcutlbofp?

Mea culpa :D

iykwim = if you know what I mean e.g. Ireland is in it for the money and lifestyle.

Yeah, but wiwcutlbofp?

for the life of me i cannot figure out that one...

On topic though - Ireland has talent and can play really good football. Houlier clearly hadnt a clue how to handle him, but big eck has a history of knocking these types of player into shape so maybe he can sort him out? I'll reserve judgement until we see him in preseason.

if i'm honest, i think he'll be on his way before the close of the transfer window

Who ?.

I mean, I know Bowyer is a prize prick, but he has always given 110% when he is on the pitch. I can't think of one trouble maker McLeish has "got into shape". All I saw was he got a very talented squad (for the Alliance at least) relegated.

hleb? bentley? they are the only 2 who spring to mind of the same sort of mind set and self opinion, and he didnt seem to do very well with either of those who were considered 'stars'

mind you, he did sign curtis davies.. oh hang on

Get of his back, and lets start a fresh. This could be a win win situation for us and Ireland.

Could be, yeah - pretty unlikely though if he's burned as many bridges with people at the club as he is reported to have.

Yeah, but wiwcutlbofp?

hmm..

- What if we can't understand the last bit of F? post?

- When I weep calmly under the lamppost, big ostriches fly past?

- Womens Institutes were cute until their lame brains overthought. Fagina pains!

- When Ireland wears crazy underpants the loopy bald oaf fails pathetically.

Someone's keen:

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

Gabby Agbonlahor, Richard Dunne and Stephen Ireland among the first to arrive for pre-season training today. #avfc

Saying that if Dunny is there it's probably just because they're serving breakfast early. :lol:

Come on Ireland!

Prove those doubters wrong!

Seems it's the houllier fans having a pop at Ireland. Interesting that Ireland is written off after 6 starts yet makoun after 7 starts is loved and guaranteed to be brilliant. I don't blame any player for under performing for a word removed like houllier.

Ireland have proved at city he can perform in the premiership, I hope Mcleish has more interest than houllier in getting the best out of his squad.

Seems it's the houllier fans having a pop at Ireland. Interesting that Ireland is written off after 6 starts yet makoun after 7 starts is loved and guaranteed to be brilliant. I don't blame any player for under performing for a word removed like houllier.

Ireland have proved at city he can perform in the premiership, I hope Mcleish has more interest than houllier in getting the best out of his squad.

Nobody mentioned Houllier - it's you that is having a pop it seems..

Ireland is written off because it is clear he doesn't want to be here.. or newcastle for that matter based on performances and actually what has gone on behind the scenes (you can say its media etc but let's not make out he is a saint).

Makoun atleast showed some will to try and perform on the pitch even if he doesn't get it right.

Ireland had one good season at City.. it's not like he was a superstar from the age of 18 or something.

Mancini

Houllier...

Big Eck maybe?

We'll see.. i'd love for him to perform, I support Villa at the end of the day not Ireland or Eck.