Stephen Ireland

Richard

Ireland would be a brilliant Young replacement IMO. Shocked to see so many people thinking he's worthless.

A team of.....

--------------Bent--------------

Downing--Ireland--Albrighton

--------Delph----Makoun------

New LB--Clark--Cuellar/Dann--New RB

--------------Foster-------------------

That team would get us top 8 IMO, also swapping Gabby with Ireland for suitable games.

Too attacking for our boss.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can get anywhere near 3M for Ireland we should take it

i doubt we will even get that for him, he is a disgrace

Oh give over. He's a troubled young professional footballer without a heck of a lot in the common sense department who has been tossed on the scrapheap by two successive clubs one of which he never really wanted to be at in the first place. Then when he is given a chance, he falls foul to injury.

Save descriptive words like that for real life problems. Thanks.

Stephen Ireland and Villa might not be done. Let's see what 'Eck thinks. Failing that, let's get whatever we can for him and move on. We can't be fannying around with him again.

I heard Barton recently on talksport

Sounds like he's matured alot going to be a father as well apparently

I wasn't his biggest fan after all his stupid outbursts but he seems to have moved on

here we go again no second chances, Ireland is worse than a sex offender the way some of you go on about him! Maybe he and Warnock should be locked up and shot!

Both deserve another chance as we pay there wages and they owe us some performances to justify being at the club, if they throw that chance away then no-one has any reason to feel sorry for them.

Both deserve another chance as we pay there wages

What? they deserve it? If Warnock cuts out the silly fouls and actually performs like a proper LB then maybe he deserves another chance (though I don't see it happening as I have never rated him from day one anyway, don't see what the fuss is personally)

Ireland.. well has he showed anything at Villa or Newcastle to show he "deserves" another chance?

Granted we pay their wages.. but they don't "deserve" to play at all.. That said I think McLeish will give them both a chance.. though I think with this season gone and finishing on a relatively decent position facts are we can easily replace them.

as in we've still been paying them huge wages whether they play or not - Warnock has been paid hundreds of thousands to sit on his arse, they owe it to themselves, the fans and the club to show they can perform.

Warnock was probably the best player at Blackburn when we signed him, yes for some reason last season he was a liability but as i said so was Collins and Dunne only they got more second chances than they deserved!

as in we've still been paying them huge wages whether they play or not - Warnock has been paid hundreds of thousands to sit on his arse, they owe it to themselves, the fans and the club to show they can perform.

Sure, if they work hard in training then they'll probably get a chance.. If they don't I hope McLeish doesn't force himself to use them.. I don't think we should play them for the sake of paying their wages if they are still poor.

I don't actually remember Ireland saying anything bad about us though. Yes, he had issues with GH but I think we need to give everyone a fresh start as we're not really in a position to be writing off any players just yet.

Oh, except Beye...he can **** off.

He was a far more logical player to play in the hole than Ashley was last season, except he was a bit of an arsehole.

He's fallen out with so many of his mangers that hopefully the penny will drop with him - I have a big contract with Villa so should really make an effort to get on with the new manager.

Him playing in the hole behind Bent with Downing alongside him would replicate that Ireland/Elano/Robinho trio that was so successful for City for a while a few seasons back.

I would love to see Ireland perform for Villa though I really don't think it helped that Houllier called him out in public, you just don't do that as a manager. You sit down with the player and talk it through. I mean had that not happened and he had got a few more games he could have really shined. Much of the time when watching him Ireland looked frustrated as Gabby just wasn't intelligent enough to read his passing, maybe Bent is a bit smarter..

The problem with Ireland is your not talking about him being off the boil for 6 months they guy hasn't performed well for 2-3 seasons now.

I'd love him to come good if not I hope we can at least make some money on him.

I would love to see Ireland perform for Villa though I really don't think it helped that Houllier called him out in public, you just don't do that as a manager. You sit down with the player and talk it through. I mean had that not happened and he had got a few more games he could have really shined. Much of the time when watching him Ireland looked frustrated as Gabby just wasn't intelligent enough to read his passing, maybe Bent is a bit smarter..

I agree with what Houllier did, lets not forget Ireland had not played well for nearly two years and he has a massive ego.

Why pay somebody £60k a week when they dont try.

Houllier did give Ireland opportunities and he didnt take them. Its his own fault he just a tosser

I keep reading how "talented" he is, is he though? Is he really? He had one decent season with Man Shitty and has been AWOL ever since.

I remember him being so bad for us at times he couldn't trap a bag of wet cement! Get rid, and get rid of this loser quick stylee!

^This^

Houllier treated some of our players poorly and showed them a lack of respect.