Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish won't stand for any of Ireland's crap, if he doesn't sort himself out he'll be out the door in no time

Who would buy him off us?

He would have to agree to a massive pay cut if he was to give up the contract he has with us and sign a contract with a different club.

If Big Eck knows how to use him to his strengths. Houllier seemingly didnt or Ash young kept him out of his favoured position and that will now be available.

Ireland has technical and attacking abilities. If McNose is confused by skillful players like Hleb and Bentley, do you really think Ireland has a chance?

If Big Eck knows how to use him to his strengths. Houllier seemingly didnt or Ash young kept him out of his favoured position and that will now be available.

Ireland has technical and attacking abilities. If McNose is confused by skillful players like Hleb and Bentley, do you really think Ireland has a chance?

Hence the 'If'. Different team, different time, benefit of hindsight, but it's still an 'If'.

I don't get this different team thing, is he suddenly going to have some mental blowout where he then starts believing he is Arsene Wenger and not king of anti football!?

Different team bollocks, he is limited to one style, proven by his incompetence to change things after the league cup final.

I don't get this different team thing, is he suddenly going to have some mental blowout where he then starts believing he is Arsene Wenger and not king of anti football!?

Different team bollocks, he is limited to one style, proven by his incompetence to change things after the league cup final.

This

I'll be extremely surprised if we see him change his tactics.

I can see big Mack swapping Ireland for Joey Barton!!

I'd take that

i wouldn't take Barton if he was a free transfer with zero wages.

sometimes you have to have principles, and taking on a thug like Barton should be a red line in the sand.

I'd take that

sometimes you have to have principles,

I remember that word!

I'd take that

sometimes you have to have principles, and taking on a thug like Barton should be a red line in the sand.

Absolutely. The AM appointment has disappointed me, but life goes on.

But seeing the likes of Barton in a Villa shirt probably would be the end for me.

I'd take that

Absolutely. The AM appointment has disappointed me, but life goes on.

But seeing the likes of Barton in a Villa shirt probably would be the end for me.

I of course can't say I agree with Bartons off the field antics but if we were to sign him at least there would be some logic behind it, he is a pretty good player after all. Alex Mcleish coming in, er, nope no logic that I can think of.

to get back on topic, I hope Ireland reports for pre season and wants to prove himself under a new manager. No doubting he has the ability.

Ireland would be a brilliant Young replacement IMO. Shocked to see so many people thinking he's worthless.

A team of.....

--------------Bent--------------

Downing--Ireland--Albrighton

--------Delph----Makoun------

New LB--Clark--Cuellar/Dann--New RB

--------------Foster-------------------

That team would get us top 8 IMO, also swapping Gabby with Ireland for suitable games.