Stephen Ireland

Richard

I don't really get the hatred towards the guy.

People are on about giving makoun time and we all saw downing needed some time to settle yet we hate Ireland for his poor performances in limited appearances and none in his best position.

He hadn't played much competitive football for about 12 months and came to a club with no manager who really wanted him or had clear plans for him when he signed. He then gets stick in the press off the manager he is then working for.

I agree his attitude is probably poor at times and he can clearly be a bit of an idiot but expecting him to hit the ground running is a bit unfair on him.

We're paying his wages so I'd like to see what he can do under a new manager and see if he can bring a positive contribution to the team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever the new manager is, if they can get Ireland playing, we will gain from it. The bloke is class just a bit of a fruit cake. We can't afford to just dismiss creative talent like this at the moment.

Did anyone watch the U21 game last night and wish we had Lansbury instead of Ireland? He seemed to really know that poisiton behind the striker.

Ah, but in how many of his limited appearances last season did Stephen Ireland get to play in that position?

Did anyone watch the U21 game last night and wish we had Lansbury instead of Ireland? He seemed to really know that poisiton behind the striker.

the under 21s depress me with how abysmal they are.

im worried that 2 of our so called starlets, cant get into the team.

I don't really get the hatred towards the guy.

People are on about giving makoun time and we all saw downing needed some time to settle yet we hate Ireland for his poor performances in limited appearances and none in his best position.

He hadn't played much competitive football for about 12 months and came to a club with no manager who really wanted him or had clear plans for him when he signed. He then gets stick in the press off the manager he is then working for.

I agree his attitude is probably poor at times and he can clearly be a bit of an idiot but expecting him to hit the ground running is a bit unfair on him.

We're paying his wages so I'd like to see what he can do under a new manager and see if he can bring a positive contribution to the team.

I think it is twofold:

1. He does not appear to be making an effort. This is probably the principal factor behind the dislike.

2. He has made some rather silly comments about Birmingham since joining.

If he could play off Bent and get his head straight it could be very interesting. For me that was our biggest weakness last year - the position off the main striker - as I didn't think this was Ash's game really.

Well I can understand why The Fonz isn't in the team, there are better players in front of him who have done more than him at Premiership level but why Marc isn't in the team I can't understand!

Well I can understand why The Fonz isn't in the team, there are better players in front of him who have done more than him at Premiership level but why Marc isn't in the team I can't understand!

A bloke at work follows Burnley and he says Delfuenso was useless for them

He is talented but God knows what happens in that head of his. If he was on form, behind Bent with Downing and Albrighton on the wings I'd be excited but can't see it happening!

McLeish won't stand for any of Ireland's crap, if he doesn't sort himself out he'll be out the door in no time

Maybe... I hope Ireland sees this as a fresh start and hits the ground running and gives it a good go during McLeishs reign and the preseason. If he can get the best out of him it will be like a new signing, otherwise he needs to be sold and moved on and the money reinvested!