Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Ireland perform for Villa though I really don't think it helped that Houllier called him out in public, you just don't do that as a manager. You sit down with the player and talk it through. I mean had that not happened and he had got a few more games he could have really shined. Much of the time when watching him Ireland looked frustrated as Gabby just wasn't intelligent enough to read his passing, maybe Bent is a bit smarter..

^This^

Houllier treated some of our players poorly and showed them a lack of respect.

Stephen Ireland doesnt deserve any respect. He hasnt played well for nearly 3 years and sat on his arse collecting £60-£80k a week

He is such a lazy tosser he retired from internatioanl football at 22, and I forget how many times his grandmother has supposed to have died :lol:

I'm not keen on him as a man or a player. Having your photo taken in a nightclub, lifting your shirt to show the six pack at 3.30am just about says it all. He's lazy and thinks he's better than he is. However we've got a manager from Govan now and they dont take shit off brainless prat's like Stephen Ireland.

I would love to see Ireland perform for Villa though I really don't think it helped that Houllier called him out in public, you just don't do that as a manager. You sit down with the player and talk it through. I mean had that not happened and he had got a few more games he could have really shined. Much of the time when watching him Ireland looked frustrated as Gabby just wasn't intelligent enough to read his passing, maybe Bent is a bit smarter..

^This^

Stephen Ireland doesnt deserve any respect. He hasnt played well for nearly 3 years and sat on his arse collecting £60-£80k a week

He is such a lazy tosser he retired from internatioanl football at 22, and I forget how many times his grandmother has supposed to have died :lol:

Well that's Houllier's fault for freezing him out of the first team and sticking him in the reserves.

^This^

Well that's Houllier's fault for freezing him out of the first team and sticking him in the reserves.

did u witness any of his first team games? Totally woeful. He was just a passenger and totally uninterested. Reminded me of watching collymore. We know he has talent but he would rather not use it. Quicker he is off the wage bill the better

Trs-T - No Houllier played him and he, seemingly, didnt want to know. He wouldnt defend, track back or do anything else really. He insisted on trying to play flick's all the time and none of them came off.

Just bear in mind we've been paying this git 60K a week since he signed.

Yes, I watched him and no, he wasn't great but doesn't mean he should him been put in with the reserves/kids.

We should have used him from the bench or something.

Torres wasn't playing great for Chelsea was he doesn't mean he gets dumped into the reserves.

Him playing in the hole behind Bent with Downing alongside him would replicate that Ireland/Elano/Robinho trio that was so successful for City for a while a few seasons back.

Sorry, but in what way? Obviously Ireland is Ireland, but who is Elano and who is Robinho?

I don't want him anywhere near the team, we might as well play with 10 men.

agreed, i will feel ashamed if he ever pulls on our shirt again

Oh piss off mate. I'm tired of reading your twaddle on this site. It's boring as ****.

Just go away.

Him playing in the hole behind Bent with Downing alongside him would replicate that Ireland/Elano/Robinho trio that was so successful for City for a while a few seasons back.

Sorry, but in what way? Obviously Ireland is Ireland, but who is Elano and who is Robinho?

I'd say it was pretty obvious, but you're obviously trying to be clever.

Bent is a forward, as is Robinho.

Elano is a midfielder, so is Downing.

Yeah? Don't see it. None of those players are similar in any way shape or form, except Stephen Ireland.

Yeah? Don't see it. None of those players are similar in any way shape or form, except Stephen Ireland.

Well they are, because Bent is a forward and so is Robinho, although different types of forward.

And Downing and Elano are midfielders, Downing wide, Elano in the middle.

Well they are, because Bent is a forward and so is Robinho, although different types of forward.

So they're similar because they play in similar areas of the pitch. Except Elano and Downing don't really, one is a winger the other more central. And Robinho and Bent don't either really, because they're about as different as chalk and cheese. One hangs on the last man and makes wonderful riuns without the ball, the other takes the ball deeper and runs at people.

My point is, we won't be recreating anything. But we could be creating something new. Ireland and Aston Villa could work, it wouldn't really be a second chance as he never stood much of a chance in the first place.

So they're similar because they play in similar areas of the pitch. Except Elano and Downing don't really, one is a winger the other more central. And Robinho and Bent don't either really, because they're about as different as chalk and cheese. One hangs on the last man and makes wonderful riuns without the ball, the other takes the ball deeper and runs at people.

My point is, we won't be recreating anything. But we could be creating something new. Ireland and Aston Villa could work, it wouldn't really be a second chance as he never stood much of a chance in the first place.

OK then, Elano isn't a midfielder and Robinho is not a forward, you win. Christ...