Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland might just work behind Bent. Bent makes runs and seems to prefer the ball coming through the middle of the park rather than out wide. Is McLeish the kind of manager to put an arm around him though?

He did bring Bentley in knowing he was a bit of a big time charlie.

It's so frustrating with Ireland. We all know what he's capable of. Playing in a three man midfield could really bring out the best in him but he just doesn't seem stable enough as a character. Hopefully big mac can get him back on side and playing like he means it.

Ireland might just work behind Bent. Bent makes runs and seems to prefer the ball coming through the middle of the park rather than out wide. Is McLeish the kind of manager to put an arm around him though?

He did bring Bentley in knowing he was a bit of a big time charlie.

I can see him bringing in Bentley as well to Villa. Again, like Ireland, a great player if he really wants it enough.

good. can't stand Bentley, him and Ireland fell from the same arrogant-and-mostly-useless-prick-with-talent-they-will-never-fulfil tree.

I'm trying to think of the biggest dickheads in football that would never work together.

Diouf ____

____ Barton Ireland © Bentley

____ ____ ____ ____

Lehmann

There's a lot more arrogant England fringe/ex-u21 players that could fill those roles.

I don't want him anywhere near the team, we might as well play with 10 men.

agreed, i will feel ashamed if he ever pulls on our shirt again

Because he was quoted saying some things about Birmingham which, when translated from English to French and back to English, were not the actual words he said?

I would love Ireland to get his head straight and get a 2nd chance. I think his craft could be brilliant upfront with Darren Bent.

It's all in his head. McLeish might come in & put an arm around him & get his head right. Or he'll flog him to Newcastle for £3m.

The thing with Ireland is we cant afford to be putting him in the team (or on the bench for that matter) when we have others (Delph/Bannan) pushing for a place.

Hes had his chance, clearly couldnt give a toss so lets just get rid and move on.

I don't want him anywhere near the team, we might as well play with 10 men.

agreed, i will feel ashamed if he ever pulls on our shirt again

Because he was quoted saying some things about Birmingham which, when translated from English to French and back to English, were not the actual words he said?

GV, how does SI see his future at VP?

Apart from the noted issues concerning his temperament, mental health and all-round reliability, is anybody else slightly concerned about the guy's fitness? I think he made two sub appearance for Newcastle in half a season on loan there.

If he could rediscover his best Man City form, he would be an asset - you couldn't argue with that. But the likelihood would be that his ridiculous wages would just continue draining the club whilst getting very little back in return.

Still better off selling him and re-investing his wages in two other players who will actually contribute.