Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear god no, a more compelling reason for not having hughes. warnock and ireland need to be removed from the club. they drove a great big wedge between the players last season and ireland is one of the reasons NRC wanted more money, seeing idiots like him on 70k per week i sbound to make others want a bit of the action.

**** him off asap and get rid of warnock and dunne, 3 high earners who compromised the club last season.

Well it's looked likely it will be Hughes for a while. With Houllier gone it offers him a way back, and with Hughes to be his (at this point) likely replacement, I'd imagine Ireland may be feeling a little bit happier this evening.

We are hardley going to re-coup the supposed £8m that we didn't get from the Milner deal and if he chips in with 15 goals from midfield he would be like a new signing. Our own Frank Lampard or Stevie G that we have been missing forever.

If Hughes can get the best out of Ireland, sign Samba, and replace Young with N'Zogbia, I'd actually be pretty happy this summer. Even better, I think we will do even more than just that... I could actually start to feel optimistic about supporting Villa again.

Him setting up Darren "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!" Bent's 100th goal of the seaon will get me back on track.

I don't care if he's a mentalist, which he is, as long as he shows effort and quality. He's got the later, hughes would gt the former.

Never liked the way Houllier treated Ireland, if we do appoint Hughes I would be delighted to see the player we thought we had signed emerge.

Agreed.

Slating him in the press was just uncalled for.

can't see any downside in this.... all you want from a manager is to get the maximum out of all of the players that he has available to him.... very few can do that, but would love to have a season where everyone was facing in the right direction and working together to get villa into the champion's league, rather than moaning about not playing in it...

if we can have a credible attacking CM at no additional cost to the club (and he has shown historically that he is capable of doing this), then an ice cold lager to the manager that gets it out of him...

I've already almost had enough of this fool. Completely ruins the chance of having a successful international career and is doing his very best to do the same to his club career. Tbh I cant take him seriously after those pictures of his house came out. Spoilt, selfish, self-indulgent prick.