Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Maybe McLiesh wants to give Weimann a chance now after seeing the Fonz being pretty inaffective in the games he's seen so far. .

Bit harsh considering he's played out on th fecking wing when he's clearly a centre-forward...

Strange to see all the compliments about the young austrian after yesterdays performance. I actually thought he looked a little lost and overwhelmed, but that`s just my opinion.....

agreed, he looked way out of his depth, delfouneso would've done a much better job

Strange to see all the compliments about the young austrian after yesterdays performance. I actually thought he looked a little lost and overwhelmed, but that`s just my opinion.....

agreed, he looked way out of his depth, delfouneso would've done a much better job

What did he do so wrong in the five-ten minutes he was on for? He got us a corner that wasn't given, and QPR happened to score from the events following the goal kick. We'd have won the game if we got that corner.

Albrighton could have played him in also for a better crack at goal. He picked up a position.

What did he do so wrong in the five-ten minutes he was on for? He got us a corner that wasn't given, and QPR happened to score from the events following the goal kick. We'd have won the game if we got that corner.

Albrighton could have played him in also for a better crack at goal. He picked up a position.

Forgive me for saying so, but I found that he got in the right places, just didn`t know what to do beyond that. Sure, bringing the ball to the corner flag and holding can, in the eyes of some, be considered a skill.

Maybe AM had told him to run down time though, which in itself is a different issue, as we should have had the game decided well before that.

Actually I thought it was a goal kick. But I might be wrong on that one. Thought it was hard to see. But on the whole I agree with your post. Didn't do much wrong. 10 minutes ain't much to do anything on.

We could have put on Ronaldo last night and still not be able to make an impact. Our tactics are disasterous, and when we got that corner and McLeish signalled for 7 people to stay behind (or was it more?) I was shaking my head in disbelief. This was QPR away, not Barcelona mate. He looked like he was managing a new miracle, when QPR is one of the top 5 of easy games this season... It is such a shame.

Forgive me for saying so, but I found that he got in the right places, just didn`t know what to do beyond that. Sure, bringing the ball to the corner flag and holding can, in the eyes of some, be considered a skill.

Maybe AM had told him to run down time though, which in itself is a different issue, as we should have had the game decided well before that.

Not sure myself either as didn't care too much when it happened, just wanted game to end, but Ray Wilkin's post match was running on about how we should have had a corner then, but was wrongfully given as a goal kick, which in turn led to the goal. I'll try find a replay.

QPR is one of the top 5 of easy games this season... It is such a shame.

:huh:

Whilst it's not the hardest of games, I wouldn't exactly consider it one of the 5 easiest, especially considering the form they're in.

I'm sure McLiesh probably would have told him to come on to close the game out, taking the ball to the corner flag.

To be fair, he was on for less than 10 minutes and didn't have many touches of the ball or opportunties too do much. His best chance was when Albrighton took on the shot when he could have quite easily played in Weimann. That was more Albrighton's fault, putting personal glory, before the team.

In the very short spell he looked good to me, showed a willingness to chase the ball which I liked. Also showed good pace to catch up to Albrighton (only to be ignored).

Would like to see him given a little more game time if we are few goals up agaisnt Wigan.

Total nonsense, he was only on for 6 minutes.

He didnt do anything wrong. Sure he needs to have a bit more composure on the ball but the desire to do well oozes out of him. Something weve never seen with Delfounseo

Slightly off topic but taking the ball to the corner is where we really miss James Milner. Very very good at killing a game off imo.

In the very short spell he looked good to me, showed a willingness to chase the ball which I liked. Also showed good pace to catch up to Albrighton (only to be ignored).

Would like to see him given a little more game time if we are few goals up agaisnt Wigan.

Agreed, I have always liked the look of Weimann and he deserves some chances. The Fonz has had a hatful over the last two or three seasons and never really proved himself (to me at least).

Total nonsense, he was only on for 6 minutes.

He didnt do anything wrong. Sure he needs to have a bit more composure on the ball but the desire to do well oozes out of him. Something weve never seen with Delfounseo

Slightly off topic but taking the ball to the corner is where we really miss James Milner. Very very good at killing a game off imo.

Agreed that Milner would have handled such situations better, but the lad is still young, and he diud actually look like he wanted the ball, but when he got it, seemed not to know what to do with it. Didn`t get his head up to look for a pass either. As mentioned, he was only on for a few minutes, so I suppose it really is the issue of giving the boy some time on the pitch.

Â