Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is a grown man and not an idiot, he knew what he was saying and to defend him by suggesting he was manipulated is laughable. 

The club may have asked him to say these things but he could have said no if he wanted to.

• Like 1

Delph is a grown man and not an idiot, he knew what he was saying and to defend him by suggesting he was manipulated is laughable.

The club may have asked him to say these things but he could have said no if he wanted to.

I disagree. I think the majority of footballers are idiots.

The most disappointing thing is the statement he made when he signed again for us 6 months ago.  The words spoken were more akin to wedding vows than the average "I'm really happy to be here - potential - big club - great manager" bullcrap that we normally hear on similar occasions.  Then here he is balls deep in the first spray tanned, fake titted, hair extended, vacuous, new money, TOWIE, slapper that comes along and it hurts.  It hurts all the more as it makes us look in the mirror and see just how far we have let ourselves go.  The worry lines that just won't go away and that sad fact that we are sagging around the bottom more these days.  If you squint you can see what first made you attractive, but those days are behind you now.  You could kid yourself when the others left that it was them not you. Milner was mutual, Downing was crap in bed anyway and had a tiny man sausages and there was that other striker that was Bent.  This one though you thought was different, he was special.  He saw what was special about you when all the others had left and you let down your defenses.  Well never again I tell you, I'll never let another one in.  Next time a player wants to kiss my badge I'm putting clingfilm over it first.

If he was rejecting them he would be in Portugal and all over our kit promo's.

Or with his very pregnant wife.

Yea you clutch those straws.

Well, Cliffy, there is no hard evidence yet that he is going, so I am happier to clutch at straws than to assume the worst.

Some do one thing, some do t'other.

Some people are realists that can see what's right in front of their eyes and some are the opposite i guess. Well denial is the first step after all.

That's quite the sweeping statement right there.

That's quite the sweeping statement right there.

You have to put a hell of a lot of time

and effort in to becoming a top footballer in the modern game. Other things such as education will always be neglected.

But this is going off topic.

So delph trained so hard to become a footballer he has no grasp of the english language. And in an era where players have all the power, he couldn't turn round and say no to the club.

I find this quite hard to believe.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if it was scripted. At the time many said it looked like he was in a cave somewhere with his hands behind his back being held to ransom. It was very odd. But the announced it on a Saturday just before a match we really needed to win so it gave everyone a big boost at the time. Both Delph and the club knew this was just a short-term arrangement, with the ridiculously low buy-out clause confirming this.  

• Like 1

Imagine if this was all tabloid rubbish and he actually was staying all along.

We would all love him again and say he's a man of integrity!!!  A Villa legend!!!  

Unfortunately, don't think it is going to happen.

Onwards and upwards. 

Imagine if this was all tabloid rubbish and he actually was staying all along.

I'd love to hold onto to this slim slither of hope, but the fact that when the BBC reported the move yesterday the AVFC FB page changed the cover photo to one without Delph in it, pretty much confirms it for me. Unless it was an incredible coincidence coupled with the most inept social media workers on the planet.

He could talk to them because the release clause has been met and think this is not for me you never know!

Strange move from City if they want to meet their home grown quota they can pay me £2K a week I won't even moan about not being on the bench!

Â