Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

especially when you consider it'll probably just go to Randy's pocket.

No money we have ever made, ever, has gone to Randy's pocket. The guy has sunk a quarter of a billion of his own money into us. He's not exactly been great in his role, but I wish people would knock this rubbish on the head that he's taking money out of the club. The club has been draining HIS finances, not the other way around

• Like 4

There are 2 problems with that though johndunse. Firstly even if you can buy 4 players with the money, you can still only use 11 players at a time and secondly, Aston Villa are going to find it very hard to find players of the calibre of Delph and Benteke queueing up to join us, no matter which colour crayon they choose to write 'BIG CLUB' in. We will be worse if those 2 leave. But at the moment at least it is still an 'if'.

Undoubtedly,and that's the concern at the moment. With bids for Gueye and Amavi the seems to have been a wave of optimism sweeping through the fanbase the last couple of weeks. Is it the takeover? Has Randy had loosened the purse strings or is Tom Fox working miracle's behind the scenes?

If it transpires that we are simply spending money we are expecting from the sale of our two best players that optimism will come crashing down, and if they are not replaced adequately we are in trouble.

I don't think we will be relegated if we sold Benteke & Delph, lets be frank they have both been key players in a struggling team over the last three years.

To me the bit before the comma contradicts the bit after it.

What I was thinking, I tried to analzye every possible meanging in my head and only came up with they were the only good players in a shit team...and without them...even shitter?

My point I was trying to make, rather clumsily, that they are both replaceable IMO. I think everybody in our squad is replaceable, I know that is a strange and perverse opinion to hold but I still view this game as team oriented. In my view they have both been ever present in a struggling team for the last three years, why should they be exempt from criticism or responsibility? Besides, we have more money to spend on building a new (and hopefully successful) team.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I think he will play plenty of football for them this year, but if things go badly and Pellegrini gets sacked, a new manager comes in with a big budget and it's always the English players that are the fall guys. Still, it's £8m more than we were looking at before, though the whole 'loyalty' spiel is looking like a PR disaster.

I would love someone from the press to ask him about those quotes when he's presented as a city player.

I would imagine the answer would be

'I'm on 120k a week, I couldn't give a ****!

You're probably right, because he's a massive word removed

i hate it when the gutter press are actually right

all the crap about he owes this club... after years of injuries rings pretty hollow although at least we got some money out of this.

part of me wants Tekkers to follow just so we don't have weeks and weeks of guff about Liverpool and him. Feck off now!

I would love someone from the press to ask him about those quotes when he's presented as a city player.  

They won't though will they

The difficult questions are never asked especially considering were only villa

I would imagine the answer would be

'I'm on 120k a week, I couldn't give a ****!

His words now are irrelevant.

Â