Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He hasn't actually done anything yet.

Exactly it's all paper talk and to quote the Daily Mail Delph is one of their 'secondary targets'. Hardly a ringing endorsement to go there. Oh and has 'said to have told teammates' .......really?

I just cannot believe the negativity of posters on this thread.

• Like 1

Shouldnt have said what he did if he's just gonna leave now. Be a bit of a joke after that speech. I expect him to stay but all these reports coupled with us making substantial signing(s) is sewing a few seeds of doubt in my head. This is my club? Here for long haul? Lets hope so ay Fab

• Like 1

If he goes, it'll be a sad day in football and really summarise the modern game. After spending a lot of money on him in the first place, before the injuries and genuinely not looking like he'd meet his potential, not only did Paul Lambert stick with him but so did we as fans and following on from that, so did Tim Sherwood by making him club captain. 

For all the talk of loyalty, loving "his club", not caring about money.. to then have an £8m release clause inserted in his deal? What an absolute mockery of our club. Why not a £15m clause or a fee that could genuinely help the club should one of the big boys come in? City would still pay it.

He won't get game time there, he isn't good enough for a team trying to win the Champions League, but for £8m he is a bargain because he is English and will help them meet their quota. Just when you thought we had a lad who wasn't going to be daft like Sinclair or Rodwell, it looks as if it could turn into a situation where he is actually even dafter.

Use your head Fabian, or better yet use your heart. 

• Like 2

If he goes, it'll be a sad day in football and really summarise the modern game. After spending a lot of money on him in the first place, before the injuries and genuinely not looking like he'd meet his potential, not only did Paul Lambert stick with him but so did we as fans and following on from that, so did Tim Sherwood by making him club captain. 

For all the talk of loyalty, loving "his club", not caring about money.. to then have an £8m release clause inserted in his deal? What an absolute mockery of our club. Why not a £15m clause or a fee that could genuinely help the club should one of the big boys come in? City would still pay it.

He won't get game time there, he isn't good enough for a team trying to win the Champions League, but for £8m he is a bargain because he is English and will help them meet their quota. Just when you thought we had a lad who wasn't going to be daft like Sinclair or Rodwell, it looks as if it could turn into a situation where he is actually even dafter.

Use your head Fabian, or better yet use your heart. 

That's all fair but he's gone from free to any takers to £8million, in a business sense it's gone well.

Perhaps the sticking point on a new contract was the release clause, £15million would've been fairer, but he helped us stay up, got us to a final and rejuvenated the club.

It's the modern game, it sucks, but it happens to every club even the top ones, it's just more poignant for us because we desperately need quality.....Sherwood to the rescue...we hope...

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Its not the money in the clause which people keep referring to, its that video he made which I find irksome, :),Its modern day football, yadda yadda yadda, but thats exactly what Delph was portraying himself not to be like.

I suppose though, back when it was signed and he was playing pretty much below average, he didnt envisage actually getting the offers he is now. Wouldnt sit right with me if he goes.

• Like 2

hang on, no-one has confirmed what the clause is - it was 10 mil one day then 8 mil the next

I think most of this is lazy journalism as City where meant to be interested in signing him before he signed a new contract

obviously it could be true, but until there is something more concrete (and no not you Ron) its prob just media bollarks

plus Delph didn't cost 8 mil when we signed him, more like 6, and if you included wages he's probably cost more like 10/12 mil since he's been at the club, so that amount doesn't cover that even if it is better than a kick in the nuts

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

The only reports so far look to be rip offs of each other - a la modern day "news". 

I am not concerned at this stage and I don't think there is too much merit in Fabian moving to City of all the top 4 clubs... this given their frankly poor use of younger English talent in the whole (Rodwell, Sinclair, Johnson etc).  He's  still improving , earning good money, captaining the team, name is regular on the England team sheet and he is clearly progressing as a footballer at Villa - I just cannot see him leaving for City... 

I know that there would be a lot of £££££££££££ on offer from City but everything I've heard from Fabian in recent years suggests he's fairly well rounded lad and I have every confidence he'll be with us for this coming season. Or at least that is what Im telling myself in the hope that positive thoughts prevail.

• Like 2

If he goes he goes. It's only football, we'll get someone else.

Hope he stays though.

Exactly, If he wants to go, let him go. I don't want players here who want to leave, 

Not bothered by this new at all, it's come from an unreliable source and is an easy story to make after the news about there being a low release clause.  Last night it was being reported that Southampton had out bid us on Gueye at the last minute, utter tripe as it turned out. I don't doubt that bigger clubs will be looking at Delph but I'm confident that he wants to stay here and even more so because the Euros are next Summer and he is getting into the starting 11 with England while playing every game for us as captain.   The only thing that might sway him is if he is offered silly money by the likes City but even then I think he would find it hard to leave without giving us at least 1 more season.  

• Like 1

Not bothered by this new at all, it's come from an unreliable source and is an easy story to make after the news about there being a low release clause.  Last night it was being reported that Southampton had out bid us on Gueye at the last minute, utter tripe as it turned out. I don't doubt that bigger clubs will be looking at Delph but I'm confident that he wants to stay here and even more so because the Euros are next Summer and he is getting into the starting 11 with England while playing every game for us as captain.   The only thing that might sway him is if he is offered silly money by the likes City but even then I think he would find it hard to leave without giving us at least 1 more season.  

Just like Tekkers Pool deal done, even though it's been denied by his agent, that same story is kicking round now that he is 'about to sign' based on some idiot Liverpool Fan at Talksport saying something two days ago.

• Like 1

The 25-year-old is said to have told team-mates that he is set to leave

Show me the proof.

They have decided we are signing Gueye, so shifting their anti-Villa comments to Delph.

Â