Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Strange how the club haven't promoted this story about man city and man utd approaching them and him bluntly turning them down as he is a villa lad.

I'd have thought ray Wilkins would have mentioned that When he was saying we've got a struggle on our hands to keep hold of him.

Strange how the club haven't promoted this story about man city and man utd approaching them and him bluntly turning them down as he is a villa lad.

I'd have thought ray Wilkins would have mentioned that When he was saying we've got a struggle on our hands to keep hold of him.

I dunno, the club rarely responds to transfer speculation. They haven't confirmed or denied if theres even a clause in his contact to leave. It could just be a complete non issue for them.

• Like 1

Well if the two clubs have approached him then it's no longer speculation. Plus the fact that ray Wilkins has responded to speculation (in a way we wouldn't hope), kinda puts that argument to bed imo

Think it's strange that the club captain is not part of promotional material regarding a kit launch.

Don't worry. He bumped into a villa talker on a night out and promised him he was staying.

I'd say anything to get rid of some randomer on a night out. Pretty sure fabian delph is the same.

Well if the two clubs have approached him then it's no longer speculation. Plus the fact that ray Wilkins has responded to speculation (in a way we wouldn't hope), kinda puts that argument to bed imo

maybe they havent

Think it's strange that the club captain is not part of promotional material regarding a kit launch.

Don't worry. He bumped into a villa talker on a night out and promised him he was staying.

I'd say anything to get rid of some randomer on a night out. Pretty sure fabian delph is the same.

Yeah I don't hold much weight to what he said to Omar, he's hardly going to say "nah mate, I'm off" is he?

maybe they havent

Erm exactly my point.

But Omar didn't say that Delph said that Man City and Man Utd had made a bid for him, he said they 'approached' him.

It's not too wide of the mark to think that teams manager to talk to other teams' players without bidding.

So if Delph was only 'approached', but not officially bid for, then why would the club comment on it?

But Omar didn't say that Delph said that Man City and Man Utd had made a bid for him, he said they 'approached' him.

It's not too wide of the mark to think that teams manager to talk to other teams' players without bidding.

So if Delph was only 'approached', but not officially bid for, then why would the club comment on it?

It's also not too wide of the mark that if fabian is willing to tell some random on a night out, he probably would have told the club.

Or at least given ray Wilkins the inclination that we won't be up against it to keep hold of him.

Is it?

Yeah. But Im going about it by suggesting that we can't trust what Fabian Delph apparently said to some random on a night out. As in it is as likely that the Man Utd/city approaches were as much bullshit as the truth in him being a villa lad. I cant see anything past him wanting to get rid of omar asap (with the greatest respect to Omar of course).

He was more than likely winding him up. Let's see what we can make this kid believe kinda thing.

Edited by Woodytom

Tim Sherwood in one of his press conferences last season (might've been the one when he said Delph was best midfielder in the country or whatever) said Delph had turned down clubs playing in european competition to stay with us.

I think most of us assumed at the time as did the press that it was Liverpool and maybe Spurs aswell but maybe he meant the Manchester clubs.

I don't see how they could have approached Delph as that would be illegal.

actualy makes a point if under contract by AVFC sure any approach would have to go through the club?

givin Delph a call direct is tapping up surely?lol

I don't see how they could have approached Delph as that would be illegal.

actualy makes a point if under contract by AVFC sure any approach would have to go through the club?

givin Delph a call direct is tapping up surely?lol

They only need permission from us to talk to him. 

Usually that involves agreeing a fee, but doesn't have to.

If there really is a clause then I don't imagine we'd be able to stop anyone approaching Delph as long as they told us they were willing to pay the fee.

Tim Sherwood in one of his press conferences last season (might've been the one when he said Delph was best midfielder in the country or whatever) said Delph had turned down clubs playing in european competition to stay with us.

I think most of us assumed at the time as did the press that it was Liverpool and maybe Spurs aswell but maybe he meant the Manchester clubs.

Wasnt aware of this. If so, fair enough. However, it doesn't explain Ray Wilkins'  comments.

I'd not seen the comments from Wilkins but given how much people are going on about them I thought I should.

Wilkins said: “People talk about who you are bringing in but sometimes it is important who you are keeping hold of.

“Fabian is top drawer as far as Aston Villa is concerned.

“I sincerely hope all the teams out there who really want to take him on board don’t come after him because it would be really nice to keep hold of him.”

Here

Unless there are other comments out there I'm not sure I read the same as others.

This to me suggests there has been interest but not firm bids and that they want to keep him, they hope to do so and that it would be an achievement.

It doesn't really read as him 'admitting we've got a struggle on our hands' but perhaps that is due to the intentionally misleading headline by the Birmingham Mail.....

• Like 3

Â