Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It's good job that the press aren't linking Liverpool to him, I can imagine it now.... The release clause is £8m but we think our bid of £2m plus a player from our reserves is fair and we're doing them a favour offering this deal, blah blah blah.

• Like 2

They always suspend betting overnight on volatile markets like this.

They suspend the betting because it is a market where someone can have inside information (unlike betting on a match result).

If info about his transfer leaked whilst the bookies were understaffed overnight they could lose millions.

I think it's more 50/50 to be honest.

I'm sure the pay rise, the title challenge and European football is quite appealing.

However, I do think he really likes the club, he's the club captain and he's guaranteed game time which will do him wonders for his England place.

Personally I think he would be mad to leave with the Euros around the corner and he has seemingly cemented his place in the team whilst playing first team football with us.

I hope Sherwood can convince him there is ambition at the club.

I think he should stay with us one year, get the Euros out the way, and then test himself out at a bigger club once he's an established international.

His odds to Man City are so small, surely they know something?

Edited by PieFacE

Â