Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He and Cleverley just looked like they didn't have the legs today. I think both players should be rested next week or at least only play a bit-part so they can be at 100% for the Final.

Special mention for Fab though, he has come out and apologised for what he himself has described as a disgrace. Judging by his body language he quite clearly meant it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think getting a booking as early as he did affected his performance abit in terms of getting around the pitch and closing down players like he normally does, no excuse for constantly giving the ball away though.

For the life of me I do not understand why Sherwood didn't rest him last weekend, he looked fatigued then and looked fatigued in the cup final, madness from the manager.

I think he played most of the first team in the hope they could get some confidence back after the Saints game.

Tired?  Tired????  Fekkin Tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am tired when i have worked 12 hours on a busy mental health admissions unit with "patients" calling me, my colleagues, the nhs (i agree there), society all the things under sun because i, we, them and society wont give them drugs or let them have a 3 course dinner at 3am  but i have to turn up the following day to do the same thing over again!!!  He's a bloody footballer with a pampered life and will be paid more in one week than i get in two fekkin years!!!!  Tired :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Tired?  Tired????  Fekkin Tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am tired when i have worked 12 hours on a busy mental health admissions unit with "patients" calling me, my colleagues, the nhs (i agree there), society all the things under sun because i, we, them and society wont give them drugs or let them have a 3 course dinner at 3am  but i have to turn up the following day to do the same thing over again!!!  He's a bloody footballer with a pampered life and will be paid more in one week than i get in two fekkin years!!!!  Tired :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

This is a perfect example of how people misinterpret footballers being "tired"

It doesn't mean he's so tired he can't stand up, or he can't physically play a game of football. Or he has to have a lie in at the weekend because he's had a long week.

It's all relative.

If you're playing a team like Arsenal and their team is relatively fresh, let's say operating at 95%, and your midfielder isn't quite as fresh so is operating at 80%, it's a huge deal.

Delph is probably less "tired" than every single one of us on VT. But when you're playing at this level, it's not about how tired you are relative to the average person, it's how tired you are relative to the opposition.

• Like 2

Â