Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Maybe I'm loosing touch with the modern game...for me that was not a red card, it was a yellow and a stern warning.

but then, I din't think Gabby's was either.... we are a clumsy lot at times and that is our main problem.

It was born out of frustration at loosing control but without malice, he trod on his foot more that the leg and stretching took his foot sliding up gomez's he didn't have 2 feet off the ground either. It was more clumsy than malicious.

Not saying it was ok, but we used to see them regular in the earlier days.

• Like 1

Dont know why we appealed it tbh, it was late and wasn't even a good tackle, during the Sunderland 6-1 game a few years ago the lad sessegnon was sent off for a similar tackle which they appealed and lost the appeal.

The issue is why I that tackle a red, when other reckless and arguably more dangerous tackles (vardy on Westwood for example) a yellow.

Dont know why we appealed it tbh, it was late and wasn't even a good tackle, during the Sunderland 6-1 game a few years ago the lad sessegnon was sent off for a similar tackle which they appealed and lost the appeal.

The issue is why I that tackle a red, when other reckless and arguably more dangerous tackles (vardy on Westwood for example) a yellow.

Vardy was definatelly a yellow, but then again so was Delph's tackle for me.

Reckless, late, unnecessary,  studs up. We would have been shouting for red if it was the other way around.

Vardy was definatelly a red, but then again so was Delph's tackle for me.

Reckless, late, unnecessary,  studs up. We would have been shouting for red if it was the other way around.

Maybe I'm loosing touch with the modern game...for me that was not a red card, it was a yellow and a stern warning.

but then, I din't think Gabby's was either.... we are a clumsy lot at times and that is our main problem.

It was born out of frustration at loosing control but without malice, he trod on his foot more that the leg and stretching took his foot sliding up gomez's he didn't have 2 feet off the ground either. It was more clumsy than malicious.

Not saying it was ok, but we used to see them regular in the earlier days.

Awful tackle could have broken the guys foot! Gabby's was completely different if you ask me.

It seems like our appeal is based on the fact that Lambert has watched other games from the weekend and there were worse tackles that werent carded or sent off. I still think its a nailed on red, but it seems like we're going along the lines of 'But sir, he did it too and he got away with it'.

I wonder if we'd have bothered appealing if gabbys hadnt been rescinded?

Either way, im not too bothered if it is. It seemed like Delph couldnt be bothered to put effort in all game and didnt want to get injured. Dont think we'll see him again for us.

Just seen a tackle from Stambouli (spurs) on Mata. Far worse than Delph's tackle. Only gave a yellow and not even a free kick. Studs high to the knee.

No way should Delph have got red.

It doesn't work like that. The inconsistancy in refereeing doesn't somehow make Delph's challenge any better. It warranted a red.

• Like 2

they were never going to overturn this, esp straight after rescinding Gabby's. for me it was a clear yellow, but not bad enough for red. Richardson's was red all the way 'cause he went in two footed and out of control, Delph was one-footed and late without the same degree of recklessness. Still a silly challenge to make, but harshly treated 'cause I think that sort of challenge would be given yellow more often than not. It's the inconsistency that's frustrating.

What's rather more annoying is that Villa got a £30k fine for the players' reaction to Gabby's red card. surely they should be issuing us an apology for that one not a fine ffs!

• Like 1

Â