Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

i just seen his goal for blackpool on soccer am, not bad, why cant he do that for us...

Because we're not playing in the Championship, and wouldn't be able to give him enough games anyway to score a decent goal in once every so often.

Edited by Troglodyte

Wonder if Blackpool would take him and 4 million for Phillips

Thats a lot for Super Kevin :)

Matt played for Wycombe Youth when Lambert was the manager, not that necessarily means that much.

Back to ND; on paper he’s great and he has 90% of what is needed to be a top class footballer. Just shows how important that last 10% is...

another player worth keeping if were going to be in the championship next season after we have to give benteke, bent, gabby and weimann away for free to prem clubs

im sure fonz and bowery will get us back up

maybe...

another player worth keeping if were going to be in the championship next season after we have to give benteke, bent, gabby and weimann away for free to prem clubs

maybe...

Yes Delfouneso's 5 goals every 20 games and a league 3 striker will lead us to glory

• 3 weeks later...

maybe...

have to say man your a terrible troll

Weimann's scored nearly twice as many goals as Delfouneso this season, in less game-time whilst being played across various positions and at a higher level of competition, in addition to winning his first full international cap. The gap in quality between the two is like Richard Dunne's waistline; vast and ever-expanding.

• Like 1

He has never been given a run of games in the pl in his favoured position, he was brilliant in the youth team, much better than Weimann

I refer you to the reply I gave last time you were spouting this shite.

I'll take this one too.

In order to GAIN a run in the side, you have to prove you are worthy of it.

Delfouneso has had plenty of chances to show that he is worthy of a run in the team.

Don't try and say he hasn't had a chance, because he has. He's also played under 4 different managers (6 if you include KMac and Gary Mac)

None of these managers have deemed Delfouneso good enough for a run in the side.

Apart from a weird minority (you heading the pack) none of the fans who have watched him play have deemed him good enough for a run in the team.

Other players have been given small chances and have seized them. They've proved that they ARE worthy of a run in the side by playing well in the chances they've been given. For an example, see Andreas Weimann.

I don't know if this weird high expectation that Villa fans had of Nathan has weighed him down since he emerged, maybe that's to blame. But whatever it is, he has never, and I don't think I'm being harsh by saying never, shown that he is good enough to play as a striker for a premier league team.

I like the lad, I wish he'd succeeded, and if he does come good I'd be happy to see him here. But it hasn't happened and I'd bet it won't happen.

But this silliness that you continue to spout about the lad has gone far enough. You embarrassed yourself a long long time ago with this lunacy. Give up.

Â