Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

following the steps of stefan and luke moore unfortunately

i like the fact that we have kids breaking through into the first team from the youths every couple of seasons, just a shame that some turn out good, and some dont, but thats life i guess

richard walker

darius vassell

stefan moore

luke moore

gabriel agbonlahor

nathan delfouneso

andi weimann

who will be next i wonder?

It is a bit sad but the most successful striker we have produced in our recent history would still have to be Darius Vassell who played for England and went to the World Cup.

I seriously doubt it. I hoped so for a long time as I was one of his biggest fans, but he hasn't progressed and he has now been overtaken by Weimann. Championship seems to be his level.

I seriously doubt it. I hoped so for a long time as I was one of his biggest fans, but he hasn't progressed and he has now been overtaken by Weimann. Championship seems to be his level.

This is the same conclusion that I find myself coming to. I had high hopes for The Fonz, and this was raised by his early goalscoring exploits for us in Europe and cup matches. But for whatever reason he hasn't kicked onto the next level, and it looks like his time with us is running out as he is falling further down the pecking order. I had hoped that maybe a succesful season long loan may reignite his career here, but he doesn't seem to be doing consistantly enough at Championship level to make Lambert sit up and take notice. Shame really as he looked a good prospect.

Do we think the Fonz have a future with us, people?

It really could go either way for him. For some reason he's never had a proper run and I think that comes down to his attitude as much as anything.

It really could go either way for him. For some reason he's never had a proper run and I think that comes down to his attitude as much as anything.

Perhaps he has never had a proper run because he has never deserved one.

By the way, I'm still waiting for an answer from you, do you think Paul Lambert is one of the 4 best managers in the PL as you have posted on at least two occasions? Yes or no?

It is a bit sad but the most successful striker we have produced in our recent history would still have to be Darius Vassell who played for England and went to the World Cup.

I believe Gabby is far more successful already than Vassell was. Vassell scored a massive 35 league goals in his Villa career. Gabby already has 54.

Perhaps he has never had a proper run because he has never deserved one.

By the way, I'm still waiting for an answer from you, do you think Paul Lambert is one of the 4 best managers in the PL as you have posted on at least two occasions? Yes or no?

Too early to say. Somebody else posted he's the 4th best manager in the PL. I think it's too early to call.

Do your homework TV. The 4th best thing emanated from elsewhere.

I've expressed in previous posts where I rank PL, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find it

I've also said before, the Villa job is one of the hardest PL gigs going.

Â