Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

it is a pity when the kids dont make it, but i think that fact that theyre contracted to a premier league club goes to their head too soon

hopefully the club can get something in place to unload asap

He showed early promise, including a very well taken left footed volley from the edge of the box against Zilina that one season.

I think we repeated the same mistake as we did with the Moore's, the first sign of promise in the first team and we give him and lucrative and lengthy contract. It just sets the wrong incentives. Young players should be given a small basic wage but with generous bonuses for producing in both the first team and reserve team. That way you can incentivise progression rather than making them think they have already made it.

• Like 1

Worth? I'd say between £1m and £1.5m, people might think that is too much but that is the sort of money WBA are getting from Leicester for Wood.

What would we get for him? Well we never seem to do well selling players, I'd take a guess we'd get less than £1m perhaps in the region of £750k. That said I'm not sure what his contract situation is and that is obviously a factor.

Someone would have to want to buy him first though and there has never been any suggestion anyone wants to do that.

its a pity that we as a club have to let contracts run out before we can unload players we no longer want, other clubs dont seem to have this issue, we must really have the wrong players at this cub that nobody else wants

not ever being in football management, i cant see how difficult it can be, surely its just the case of telling the agent we no longer want that player and want X amount for him? which then the agent will phone around clubs and add his amount on as well?

Â