Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Wiki has Bowery as 10 in 88

So 1 every 8.8 games

Would you like me to explain the concept of "actual time on the pitch"? I'm happy to do so, just say the word like.

Also Luke Moores goals at PL level not league 2

See 8pints delightful insight on the previous page.

Ultimately, stats are stats. I can tell you Luke Moore is shit because I've seen it with my own eyes, those ocular wonders that capture the intangible truths that so many facts and figures can only allude to. I have not witnessed Bowery do anything, ergo I cannot judge him and my preference leans that way. He could be better than Luke Moore. He could wind up exactly like Luke Moore. Who we sold. Because he was shit.

1 goal in every 8.3 games at League 2 level (or possibly lower) is the very definition of shit.

Now get back in your box.

Luke Moore scored 4 in six games in (I think it was League two) for Wycombe, and that was when he was 17/18, so maybe you're right CI, Luke Moore and Delfouneso are better than Bowery.

I don't know myself, I've never seen those goals or the ones Bowery scored.

The thing with Bowery is his goal to game ratio improved each season before he came to us, where as both Moore's' and Delfouneso's' seem to be getting worse.

I think the one to compare Delfouneso to is Weimann, not Moore or Bowery anyway.

Actual

Adjective

1. Existing in fact; typically as contrasted with what was intended, expected, or believed.
  2. Used to emphasize the important aspect of something: "the book could be condensed into half the space, but what of the actual content?".

Time

Noun

The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

On

Preposition

Physically in contact with and supported by (a surface): "on the table was a water jug".

The

Adjective

1. Denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge: "what's the matter?"; "call the doctor".
  2. Used to refer to a person, place, or thing that is unique: "the Queen"; "the Mona Lisa"; "the Nile".

Pitch

Noun

1. The field or ground for certain games a cricket-pitch; a football pitch.
  2. The degree of highness or lowness of a musical note, voice etc.
  3. An extreme point or intensity His anger reached such a pitch that he hit her.
  4. The part of a street etc where a street-seller or entertainer works He has a pitch on the High Street.
  5. The act of pitching or throwing or the distance something is pitched That was a long pitch.
  6. (Of a ship) the act of pitching.

And everyone conveniently forgets we have stats on Bowery at Chesterfield

10 goals in 83 games. Shit or Comedy Gold

Luke Moore or Fonz please

I'm not entirely sure what the young lad Bowery has done to upset you, because as recently as 6th September you were looking forward to seeing him play.

What's changed to make your standpoint go from this -

Really looking forward to seeing the lad play. I know his goal scoring record is a bit flaky but who knows with some decent service he could surprise a few.

To this -

1 goal in every 8.3 games at League 2 level (or possibly lower) is the very definition of shit.

You previously thought his record was "a bit flaky" but now it's "the very definition of shit".

You were previously "really looking forward to seeing the lad play".

I presume you have seem him a few times now, and were unimpressed given that you'd rather have Moore or Delfouneso?

It's in the context of last Saturday and Fonzy's goal and our thread bare attack

Which is the worst in the PL

The season has moved on we are a third of the way through, we've scored 12 goals in 5 months we need firepower

Bloody hell, talk about difficult

Lets not forget that MON gave the Fonz his debut at 17 or 18 and he was clearly seen as having a big future then. The trouble is that, to me at least, he looks like a poor man's Gabby. By that I mean he had lots of pace but is very one dimensional but lacks Gabby physical presence. Not a PL player and he has had many chances to prove his pedigree. Compare that to some of our other young players who have looked the part very quickly.

Weimann has sailed past him in the pecking order and the fact that PL bought Bowery tells us all we need to know about the Fonz's future at VP. I can't comment on Bowery as I have never seen him play but the talk is he is in the Carew mould which sounds promising.

PL seems happy to buy from lower league clubs, which is what many on VT were crying out for for years, and given what Lowton, Westwood and to a lesser extent Bennett have produced so far I'm happy to trust his judgement on Bowery.

The Fonz is not good enough and neither is Luke Moore. Just my opinion of course.

When I first saw Delfouneso for England u16s and then for our youth team back in 2006, he looked every inch a potential superstar. He progressed rapidly, scoring on first team debut against zilina at the age of 17, for whatever reason he hasn't quite done it in the premier league but has not had a prolonged run of games in which to prove himself, I'm convinced that given a run in the team, he would score goals regularly.

I'd agree with that Gary, it's more about getting his attitude right which given we now have the UK's 4th best manager, I'd like to see him work on Fonzy .

Here is a direct question for you that I would like you to answer?

Do you actually believe that Lambert is the 4th best manager in the country? Yes or No please, I don't need any more than that.

It's in the context of last Saturday and Fonzy's goal and our thread bare attack

Which is the worst in the PL

The season has moved on we are a third of the way through, we've scored 12 goals in 5 months we need firepower

Bloody hell, talk about difficult

And Delfouneso is the man to give us that firepower? :lol:

Â