Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Don't understand why we are helping Holloway out again (as we did with bannan a few years back) after his remarks about our club when we were linked with Charlie Adam!

Hopefully this will have soemthing to do with a first crack at Matty Phillips when he becomes available?

Good to see Nathan getting a brace. I hope he starts to deliver on his supposed potential and earns the opportunity to get a crack at VP or, if nothing else, makes himself more valuable for a sale!

Don't understand why we are helping Holloway out again (as we did with bannan a few years back) after his remarks about our club when we were linked with Charlie Adam!

I wouldn't cut off my nose to spite my face. We're helping ourselves here by developing Delfouneso. That's the extent of it to me. The only club I wouldn't have loaned him to was the noses, so I suppose I would cut off my nose to spite the noses :D

Hopefully this will have soemthing to do with a first crack at Matty Phillips when he becomes available?

Good to see Nathan getting a brace. I hope he starts to deliver on his supposed potential and earns the opportunity to get a crack at VP or, if nothing else, makes himself more valuable for a sale!

I don't think it's anything to do with helping Holloway out, the move was advantagous for both parties. We get the opportunity for one of our players (who obviously wasn't going to be in the manager's plans) to get valuable game time at this stage of his development. If he scores plenty of goals he will either a) come back to villa next season and be part of the managers plans having had a vital yrs development and have sky high confidence or B) increase his sell on valuation.

It doesn't matter which club it is at or who the manager is (yes holloway is an arse, but by accepting a player on loan from us shows how wrong he was with his words).

But I don't think he's ever shown that he's worthy of an extended run in the team.

No he hasn't to be fair, but let's just sit back and see what he can do now since given a chance. Perhaps he has gotten a wake up call, and hopefully he grabs his chance with both hands.

But I don't think he's ever shown that he's worthy of an extended run in the team.

No he hasn't to be fair, but let's just sit back and see what he can do now since given a chance. Perhaps he has gotten a wake up call, and hopefully he grabs his chance with both hands.

Absolutely :thumb:

Matty Phillips has been pretty average this season, mate! Was on the bench yesterday. Tom Ince is the player they're most excited about over there.

Matty Phillips has been pretty average this season, mate! Was on the bench yesterday. Tom Ince is the player they're most excited about over there.

Some kind of swap deal might work out for both parties. Depends how they both do this season.

I get the distinct impression the club don't have the problem with Blackpool and Holloway that some on here have. Didn't we let them avail themselves of our facilities last year when they were playing the filth? Hardly the actions of a club being acrimonious towards another club.

just because hes playing well, doesnt mean he will come back to us and carry it on

as somebody has said which i agree with, hes better suited there and hes out of his depth here, i hope we dont see him back here, not that we need him anyway with benteke and weimann showing to be better

He's still only 21. Seems older as he has been around so long. Gary Cahill struggled to get into a Villa first team as well and look where he is know, a Champions League medal in his back pocket. In fact if you look at their careers up to the age of 21 they are both fairly similar. Cahill had been on loan at Burnley & Sheffield United and had only played 29 premiership games for us. Currently the Fonz has 31 Premiership games under his belt and only 2 goals, but let's see what he can do with an extended run in a team before we decide to write him off completely.

He's still only 21. Seems older as he has been around so long. Gary Cahill struggled to get into a Villa first team as well and look where he is know, a Champions League medal in his back pocket. In fact if you look at their careers up to the age of 21 they are both fairly similar. Cahill had been on loan at Burnley & Sheffield United and had only played 29 premiership games for us. Currently the Fonz has 31 Premiership games under his belt and only 2 goals, but let's see what he can do with an extended run in a team before we decide to write him off completely.

Can you take your sensible, insightful posts elsewhere please? :winkold:

If he keeps scoring we may be able to sell him for upwards of £7m ? Or maybe Lambert will have him back ?

Clearly he prefers Weimann and Bowery at this stage

I think 7m is a push (depending on how many goals he scores however)

I'd say 5m is probably around about where he's at, or where he could be if he keeps his form up at Blackpool

Â