Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

noel on live forever

BoBguCgIQAAePgB.jpg

Similar thing happened with black sabbath but the other way round. Everyone was loved up on the Beatles and the California scene but they stated no one was singing about the darker side to life and what was going wrong with the world so they became the voice for the other side. I think it was bill ward who said the Beatles were singing 'I want to hold your hand' but no one wanted to hold your hand in Aston, they just wanted to give you a smack in the mouth. On the subject of Noel Gallagher, I've heard him state that he never understood heavy metal and it was just too angry and dark for him.

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

a power piss

one that destroys the little blue block of stuff in the urinal

I love doing that,  For some it makes the piss more enjoyable.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

a power piss

one that destroys the little blue block of stuff in the urinal

That's a urinal mint.

I like putting a small denomination like a 10 or 20p into the urinal to see if it's still there at the end of the night or if some desperate bastard has fished the piss-covered coin out at some point.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's a urinal mint.

I like putting a small denomination like a 10 or 20p into the urinal to see if it's still there at the end of the night or if some desperate bastard has fished the piss-covered coin out at some point.

You tight bastard, I'm not digging through piss for anything less than a quid. ;) 

Just now, Davkaus said:

You tight bastard, I'm not digging through piss for anything less than a quid. ;) 

Well this is it.  You gradually increase until it disappears :) 

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's a urinal mint.

That's brilliant!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's a urinal mint.

My poor mother is a cleaner and is probably always having to fish pissy coins out of urinals.

That's the last time I rummage through her purse.

• Like 2

On 30/03/2017 at 09:19, lapal_fan said:

There are very, very few other bands/artists which have that affect on me - which I don't like.  I wish I could enjoy music more, but nothing is more boring to me that sitting in a room, not doing anything and listening to music 

Pretty much same here. 

For me the enjoyment I get out of music usually isn't for the music itself, but for something it triggers. Whether it be a film I love, a stage it my life it reminds me of, that kind of thing. 

I hate silence, but I'd I'm at home doing some work, I'll put Alan Partridge or something on and have that as background noise over listening to music. Actively using my time to listen to music would just bore me. 

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

I can understand you not liking them, but they're far from karaoke singers. Paul Heaton is a great song writer.

I don't care, they sound bad and if you like them you should feel bad.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Look at the line-up for this festival in Cork back in 1995.  £45 for the 3 days.  Sweet baby Jesus.

ide9icd.jpg

In that era, it'd be the Roses Mrk2, with no Reni or John Squire.

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

How the **** did Beautiful South go on there?

People who sing about Rotterdam are alright with me.

and they did some cracking pop songs

• Like 3

Â