Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hell, I can't even afford the Villa anymore. 

If you drove into Fenway from wherever, if you can't find a metered spot, you'll pay $90 to park in a lot. The cheapest tickets are around $25, so a family of four is gonna pay at least $200 just to park and sit down. Then there's the concessions. $10 beers, $8 slices of pizza, $5 for a bag of peanuts...Hang on, this is starting to piss me off, not cheer me up!

Edited by maqroll

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

If you drove into Fenway from wherever, if you can't find a metered spot, you'll pay $90 to park in a lot. The cheapest tickets are around $25, so a family of four is gonna pay at least $200 just to park and sit down. Then there's the concessions. $10 beers, $8 slices of pizza, $5 for a bag of peanuts...Hang on, this is starting to piss me off, not cheer me up!

The cost of tickets against the cost of parking seems totally upside down. Can you park cheaper some way out and get a bus (say)? 

Some of the utter window lickers that phone in to Danny Kelly's radio show on WM.

This morning, he's doing a Grand National Sweep, caller gets Lord Windemere.

Danny: "Ever been to Windemere"?

Caller: "No Dan"

Danny: "Then you've never lived my friend! It's beautiful"

Caller: "Oh I have lived Danny, I've been to Weston Super Mare and Blackpool". Absolutely straight reply, no comical overtones.

Turns out the guy also has a driving license but no car, has no passport, and has never been abroad.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Danny Kelly sounds like a bit of a nob, to be honest, I hate this "you've never lived until..." bullshit. I've not lived because I've not been to **** Windemere?!

Nah he's a funny bloke to be fair, just a shame they play such crap music in between dumb callers

4 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Sorry Rob, I gave you a like, then took it back, when I realised it was the WM Danny Kelly you were talking about, rather than the Talk Sport one.

Damn you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maqroll said:

58e678d9ab950_FenwaySunset.jpeg.acb9ecdf61189dcc05a89df9fd714ab5.jpeg

great pic , is that off a camera phone ?

we seem to take different pictures at Baseball though  :)

P1000186.JPG

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Some of the utter window lickers that phone in to Danny Kelly's radio show on WM.

Caller: "Oh I have lived Danny, I've been to Weston Super Mare and Blackpool". Absolutely straight reply, no comical overtones.

Turns out the guy also has a driving license but no car, has no passport, and has never been abroad.

SHA fan for sure. 

It's kind of shit to look down on someone because they don't have a car and don't go abroad.

Maybe he's a backwards little Englander who thinks Blackpool is as good as the world gets, or maybe he just can't afford foreign holidays and a car. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's kind of shit to look down on someone because they don't have a car and don't go abroad.

Fully agree on that point.

However if they have been Blackpool and love it then I have to question their 1) taste or 2) sanity 

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Fully agree on that point.

However if they have been Blackpool and love it then I have to question their 1) taste or 2) sanity 

:)

You only had to listen to the bloke to know he was "special".

• Like 1

Â