Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

50 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

were you over paying for like 10 years ?

About 2

My current apartment is obviously very energy efficient. I set my DD up for the same amount as I was paying at my old place (older flat). 

On 24 August 2016 at 13:05, Rodders said:

If you need some distracting reading, slow day at work, may I present this review of Steve Bruce's literary debut - "Striker"

https://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel/293169 

That is flipping genius not available on Amazon because that would make a cracking Christmas present for lots of people I know (not the wife!)

On 24 August 2016 at 13:05, Rodders said:

...the habits of pre-modern humans in the Lancashire area

Well, to be fair he did work in Wigan quite recently, so will have seen them first hand.

On 21 August 2016 at 20:57, useless said:

The sound of a car passing by on a desolate road in the dead of a rainy night.

I'm the opposite, I bloody hate cars driving past my place when I'm falling asleep to the sound of rain. I had a couple of nobheads park right outside my flat at 11pm earlier this week for about half an hour with their engines still running and one was a diesel. Thoughtless pricks.

Sat having a few beers in the beer garden. Slight uneasy feeling due to the chap in the office over the road crying at the window because he didn't know his new employer worked Bank Holidays :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Today, bank holiday, 1.30pm, the cellphone rings.

"Yes?" says I.

"Hello, I'm calling from (company I can't remember) and we believe you have been in a vehicle accident in the last 3 years?"

"Yes. Everyone got killed except me."

Call immediately ended by other party. And blocked.

Damn, I had that call the other day. Wish I'd thought of that response. Much better than the "**** off" that I opted for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Today, bank holiday, 1.30pm, the cellphone rings.

"Yes?" says I.

"Hello, I'm calling from (company I can't remember) and we believe you have been in a vehicle accident in the last 3 years?"

"Yes. Everyone got killed except me."

Call immediately ended by other party. And blocked.

That's better that the "It's OK, I didn't go to prison for it" line :)

• Like 1

Â