Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

On the subject of apples. Am I the only one who eats the whole thing?

I remove the stalk, if any, and then eat the whole apple, core, pips and all. Good roughage and I don't need to look for a bin.

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Since finding a maggot in my apple I now buy bags of sliced apple.

you know what they say, only one thing worse than finding a maggot in an apple, finding half a maggot in an apple.

Found a cod worm in my McDonalds fish fillet thing years ago, cant eat them at all anymore.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I remove the stalk, if any, and then eat the whole apple, core, pips and all. Good roughage and I don't need to look for a bin.

I'm genuinely not sure if you're taking the piss or not.

2 hours ago, brommy said:

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely not sure if you're taking the piss or not.

Not. I remember eating an apple down to the core in my teenage years and my Dad said "What's wrong with that bit?" I said you can't eat the core so he grabbed it from me and ate it. I've not wasted any part of an apple since. I tend to eat a few apples in a week and then none for a month so I probably average one apple per week. That's around 1560 apples and cores I've eaten in the last 30 years!

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

But how do you stop an apple tree from growing in your belly? :( 

Just to add to what I wrote about me eating apples. My Dad eats about 3 apples a week (core and all) and has done since he was a kid. He's fit and healthy and will be 75 next month.

5 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

On the subject of apples. Am I the only one who eats the whole thing?

The seeds have a low level of cyanide in them. Best not to chew the seeds, for health reasons.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

The seeds have a low level of cyanide in them. Best not to chew the seeds, for health reasons.

any type of seed I generally just swallow it straight down

I just wanted you all to picture that.

• Like 4

Â