Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

What's the opposite of a ghost shit? an unwipeable? Had one this morning. Had to shower myself off afterwards!

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

What's the opposite of a ghost shit? an unwipeable? Had one this morning. Had to shower myself off afterwards!

Oh they suck! Usually at their worst, the morning after drinking 10 pints of Guinness. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When you pinch a loaf and there's no wipage....and you feel as if you're going to float off into the air.

Oh yes, to take it a step further, when you take a dump and afterwards feel like an enormous mental load has been lifted off your shoulders.  

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Oh yes, to take it a step further, when you take a dump and afterwards feel like an enormous mental load has been lifted off your shoulders.  

Or the phantom snake ........no wipe and the shit just snakes down the toilet and disappears  ....only then will you achieve zen 

On 22 July 2016 at 14:40, sharkyvilla said:

Be Here Now getting a reissue.  I feel like I'm 11 years old again :D Now I know how the people playing Pokemon feel

Absolute Radio are playing a remastered track tonight from 8 :D

I think that is the remastered track in the Youtube video - its the NG remix

Noel was going to remix the whole album but couldn't be bothered in the end, so it was just that one song (i think!)

Hi, my name is Haley and I'm looking for someone with a car that needs a song bird! I am tons of fun, love to swim and watch scary movies. Put your fav pet in subject for serious inquiries.
420 friendly and cartoons are always ok! 

On 26 July 2016 at 09:58, Seat68 said:

Oasis and there rise was one of a few times when I thought "indie" couldn't get any worse. I just didn't get them, I realised pretty early on that I wasn't their audience anyway, in 94 through to their peak in the late 90's I was listening to the Delgados, Ballboy, Hefner, Belle and Sebastian and Billy Bragg. The indie music I liked only got played on John Peel so Oasis and their ubiquity was like the Kim Kardashian of the age. It got me down only when I would go and see bands and support bands were taking the Oasis look and sound wholesale, it was horrid. I stress I had no beef with brit pop, I own some of it, but it got really lazy, bands trying to recreate mansize rooster.

Anyway, thats a very grumpy post in a cheer you up thread. 

A memory I recall from 95, I bought I Should Coco, the debut from Supergrass, had bought all the singles up to that point, loved the asides and bsides. Bought the debut album and listened to it, was blown away by the perfect pop song that was Alright. Loved every track, We’re not Supposed To, Time, Strange Ones. But Alright was head and shoulders above everything. I remember waiting for my girlfriend, now wife to come home and I said listen to this. She was as blown away by it as I was. I loved that they would be unashamed to tackle pop. Really a good memory and 95 and it’s summer was full of great memories. 96, now that was a year.

Oh man. I bloody love Hefner, and The Delgados, and Belle and Sebastian. And Ballboy, and all of the other Sarah Records stuff.  Supergrass were great too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Oh man. I bloody love Hefner, and The Delgados, and Belle and Sebastian. And Ballboy, and all of the other Sarah Records stuff.  Supergrass were great too.  

I loved Brit Pop,  kind of like with punk something HAD to happen to wipe away the late 80's early 90s euro techno and stock aitken waterman trash.  I am not familiar with those above other than supergrass who were brilliant but I love Pulp,  Garbage,  Bluetones,  Sleeper,  Elastica,  Cast and Ocean Colour Scene.  Listening back now to Oasis they do feel very insipid though i liked them at the time until probably half way through their career. I preferred Blur in the Britpop face off though they went a bit too weird for me towards the end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I loved Brit Pop,  kind of like with punk something HAD to happen to wipe away the late 80's early 90s euro techno and stock aitken waterman trash.  I am not familiar with those above other than supergrass who were brilliant but I love Pulp,  Garbage,  Bluetones,  Sleeper,  Elastica,  Cast and Ocean Colour Scene.  Listening back now to Oasis they do feel very insipid though i liked them at the time until probably half way through their career. I preferred Blur in the Britpop face off though they went a bit too weird for me towards the end. 

Lots of Britpop was very good indeed, including some of the bands you mention.  Not OCS though, christ they were dire!

• Like 1

Went fishing today for the first time in years.  Took my kids as well as I was doing my fatherly school holiday duties. It was a bit frustrating at times but we all caught a fish so everyone is happy. Just need to go on my own now and catch a few. . These modern fisheries seem a lot easier to fish then 1980's Birmingham parks!

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Yes definitely loved the sarah records stuff, Field Mice and The Orchids in particular, used to love them as a teenager/early twenties.

55 minutes ago, Risso said:

Lots of Britpop was very good indeed, including some of the bands you mention.  Not OCS though, christ they were dire!

I think they're really underrated, not sure if it's cos they're local, Simon fowler has a cracking voice and MS was a brilliant album

not enough shed seven mentioned so far...also saw the bluetones were playing Warwick uni, that takes me back

Â