Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I don't know why, but I think most people who were about and I've spoken to, regularly say that 96 was a great year.

I was only 9 at the time, but I vividly remember going to Cornwall for 2 weeks summer hols, and it being the best atmosphere.  Cool cars with windows wound down, driving through towns with Britpop pumping out, it was a great summer weather-wise too.   

There was a very cool feeling in the country and I can only compare it to 2012 when we held the London Olympics and I went to London.. The atmosphere was just uber positive and happy.

Cool Britannia.

• Like 1

96, my daughter went to her first festival, great albums, in Odelay, Fuzzy Logic, Black Love, so many great songs, Born Slippy, Born in 69, so many memories of that year, I was in my mid twenties, went to 4 or 5 gigs a week, a great time.

• Like 1

1996 - start of the glory years for me. I was 17, at college, had shed my school puppy fat and was successfully sticking my winky in lots of women and was learning to drive

Euro 96. Britpop. Villa winning at the old Wembley. 

Good times, as Justin Lee Collins may have said before he went mental

23 hours ago, Ryan. said:

'I know a girl called Elsa
She's into Alka Seltzer
She sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train'

'You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line'

I'd say Be Here now was the afterglow :D 

All your dreams are made, when you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When you pinch a loaf and there's no wipage....and you feel as if you're going to float off into the air.

Ah, a ghost shit! They are indeed a wonderful thing. 

Â