Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just heard that grass in winter has the same nutritional content as cardboard, as the nutrients retreat to the roots.

An idle curiosity Google search brought this up.

What is the nutrition content of 1 piece of paper?

Bodybuilding.com

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Off work until Tuesday

giphy.gif

Bully for you!  I'm off work until wednesday...

the 17th. 

of august. 

And I've already had a month off. 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, snowychap said:

You've just united the Tory party with your post. ;)

Well, then at least they can't say I'm not productive :)

8 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Be Here Now is brought to you by cocaine, and no one having enough balls to tell Noel, no. 

Yet still better than their later efforts! :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Be Here Now getting a reissue.  I feel like I'm 11 years old again :D Now I know how the people playing Pokemon feel

Ah man, just listened to that and for seven or so minutes it was 1997 again, we'd just bought Stan for a club record fee to partner Dwight and everything was gonna be ok. 

Oh well. Still better than ".....Giants" anyway. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ah man, just listened to that and for seven or so minutes it was 1997 again, we'd just bought Stan for a club record fee to partner Dwight and everything was gonna be ok. 

Oh well. Still better than ".....Giants" anyway. 

Halcyon days my salopian brethren.

I remember picking up the Evening Mail that day from WHSmiths in Suton to see Brian Little on the front page with Collymore grinning away. The league title is ours for sure I thought. 

• Like 2

CoFN8MWXYAAPtro.jpgCoHvEeBXYAEXDQ7.jpg

CoHJ3p7WcAAMUm7.jpg

CoFn4u5WEAEyy4l.jpg

In a modern twist to The Wickerman, we lured in and sacrificed over 100 adult pokemon players last night.

Not because it's popular, but because if we don't do this, the candyfloss will stop.

• Like 1

On 22 July 2016 at 19:39, dAVe80 said:

Be Here Now is brought to you by cocaine, and no one having enough balls to tell Noel, no. 

'I know a girl called Elsa
She's into Alka Seltzer
She sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train'

'You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line'

I'd say Be Here now was the afterglow :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

'I know a girl called Elsa
She's into Alka Seltzer
She sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train'

'You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line'

I'd say Be Here now was the afterglow :D 

Morning Afterglow is a good song.

Remember the one hit wonder by Electrasy?

I saw them live at radio 1 roadshow in Cornwall about 96.  Went to see a Boy George/ Billie Piper road show one the night.. was strange seeing people older than me acting weird.. i remember a huge strobe light dance floor and it being amazing to watch. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Morning Afterglow is a good song.

Remember the one hit wonder by Electrasy?

I saw them live at radio 1 roadshow in Cornwall about 96.  Went to see a Boy George/ Billie Piper road show one the night.. was strange seeing people older than me acting weird.. i remember a huge strobe light dance floor and it being amazing to watch. 

Electrasy! I saw them live, twice in the space of a week. I wasn't really that into them, but a girl at college really liked them, and I really wanted to see her naked. Good times. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Electrasy! I saw them live, twice in the space of a week. I wasn't really that into them, but a girl at college really liked them, and I really wanted to see her naked. Good times. 

I hope you got your wish young man. :thumb: 

They kept making music for a good while after I think I remember researching about 10 years ago.  I'll have to give them a look up again.  Didn't like much of their other stuff at all.

• Like 1

Oasis and there rise was one of a few times when I thought "indie" couldn't get any worse. I just didn't get them, I realised pretty early on that I wasn't their audience anyway, in 94 through to their peak in the late 90's I was listening to the Delgados, Ballboy, Hefner, Belle and Sebastian and Billy Bragg. The indie music I liked only got played on John Peel so Oasis and their ubiquity was like the Kim Kardashian of the age. It got me down only when I would go and see bands and support bands were taking the Oasis look and sound wholesale, it was horrid. I stress I had no beef with brit pop, I own some of it, but it got really lazy, bands trying to recreate mansize rooster.

Anyway, thats a very grumpy post in a cheer you up thread. 

A memory I recall from 95, I bought I Should Coco, the debut from Supergrass, had bought all the singles up to that point, loved the asides and bsides. Bought the debut album and listened to it, was blown away by the perfect pop song that was Alright. Loved every track, We’re not Supposed To, Time, Strange Ones. But Alright was head and shoulders above everything. I remember waiting for my girlfriend, now wife to come home and I said listen to this. She was as blown away by it as I was. I loved that they would be unashamed to tackle pop. Really a good memory and 95 and it’s summer was full of great memories. 96, now that was a year.

Â