Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My daughter is now at an age we she's getting quite interactive and understanding more and more.  She'll be one in a few weeks.  We're taking her to see In The Night Garden Live tomorrow morning, and she's going to meet her favourite character.  I expect she'll completely love it, and ergo cheer me up in the process!

hqdefault.jpg

Bananas B1 and B2, live show, 2001

I thought my nipper was actually going to explode when this pair of 7ft fruits appeared on the stage.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Bananas B1 and B2, live show, 2001

I thought my nipper was actually going to explode when this pair of 7ft fruits appeared on the stage.

Animal Kwackers Live, 1976, Oakengates Town Hall. I always say The Ramones was my first gig, I however lost my shit as a 6 year old at Animal Kwackers. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

My daughter is now at an age we she's getting quite interactive and understanding more and more.  She'll be one in a few weeks.  We're taking her to see In The Night Garden Live tomorrow morning, and she's going to meet her favourite character.  I expect she'll completely love it, and ergo cheer me up in the process!

I'm a bit in front of you, mine's 18 months now.

Trust me, just when you think they can't get any better, cooler, cuter, more fun - they do.

Obviously appreciate the things she can't do yet, but in 6 months time, she'll be absolutely flying.

Ahhh being a dad is the best thing in the multiverse :):thumb:  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We took my little one to that at cannon Hill Park a few weekends ago. She's a little on the young side at 9 months, but she was smiling alot, so that's good enough for me :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Taytos > every other crisp ......except for maybe monster munch 

Well over here (for the benefit of our UK brethren) it's a Tayto v King debate.  I'm on the King side.  Come at me bro.

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ah but I absolutely love snaps,  Worcester sauce French fries,  salt and vinegar twists,  frazzles,  quavers, discos,  skips and square crisps. What are these things I eat? 

I'd call them all generally salted snacks.  I'm partial to a Skip every now and again.  I like the smell of my fingers afterwards.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Xela said:

The best standard* crisps are Worcester sauce Walkers. Not even worth debating. Pickled onion Walkers second

*by standard I mean mass produced and not bespoke 'artisan' hand cut crisps from a ethically sustainable company based in a converted bus shelter in East London or Digbeth

Thai Sweet Chili Walkers.  End of, period, triple stamp, no comebacksies, truefact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm a bit in front of you, mine's 18 months now.

Trust me, just when you think they can't get any better, cooler, cuter, more fun - they do.

Obviously appreciate the things she can't do yet, but in 6 months time, she'll be absolutely flying.

Ahhh being a dad is the best thing in the multiverse :):thumb:  

26cfdffe09836a5f96e3243d25a67631.jpg

• Like 2

On this very related note, I've just send my two kids to their grandparents for a week, 400 miles north. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure it's the first time the missus and I have the house all to ourselves for that long since the first one was born, 15 years.

There will be intercourse of the dirty variety.

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

On this very related note, I've just send my two kids to their grandparents for a week, 400 miles north. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure it's the first time the missus and I have the house all to ourselves for that long since the first one was born, 15 years.

There will be intercourse of the dirty variety.

Never ever get a **** dog.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BOF said:

Have at it.  <-- A quiz innit.

Oasis or Blur?

It's a conundrum which has divided families and friends for over two decades, much like the current crisp-related dilemma facing people all over Ireland right now.

3 correct answers. All complete guesses. I am proud.

On 02/08/2016 at 19:48, sharkyvilla said:

Don't think I've ever seen pickled onion Walkers.  

Not many places have them but there are certain shops (Nisa, Wylde Green & Select & Save, Five Ways, being two) that always seem the stock the pickled treats 

walkers_crisps_pickled_onion.jpg

Â