Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20140204-despite-career-ending-injury-texas-am-still-honoring-recruit-collins-scholarship.ece

Maybe not of interest to many on here, but I thought it was a bit heart warming that this kid hasn't had his whole life ruined by an injury when he was given an opportunity of a life time, I'm sure many universities* would have just cancelled his scholarship. It's good that he gets a chance at a good education despite what's happened to him.

*Not sure if this has happened before in the US though.

When hearing snippets of conversation becomes awesome.  For example, this morning...

"No honey, we left Batman at home"

Probably a conversation about lunch

"dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner, Batman"

• Like 1

Might have landed a contract running fibre in the Olympic Velodrome. Yes, I have put in the T&C's that I want a few laps around the thing... :D

You should come over my way and say hello...

Just had a call from Sky, asked if I wanted to add all the Sports and Movies to my account for £10pm for 3 months... then to sweeten the deal if I said yes they'd make my broadband fee (£7.50pm) free for the duration.

So effectively £2.50 a month for 3 months. Bargain.

Just had a call from Sky, asked if I wanted to add all the Sports and Movies to my account for £10pm for 3 months... then to sweeten the deal if I said yes they'd make my broadband fee (£7.50pm) free for the duration.

So effectively £2.50 a month for 3 months. Bargain.

What prompted this?  Did you threaten to leave or something?

No, thing is I was considering leaving the last few days but hadn't acted on it... then the call out of the blue.

Maybe they are monitoring my web history as I was looking at Freesat boxes last night :-o

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

I like that people talk about Sky as if they are being fooled out of money by wily customers.

???? Option 1) do nothing and pay the standard rate. Option 2) Ring up and threaten to leave and get offered a better deal.

Its not specific to sky, its just negotiation.

Yes Stevo, shouldn't take too much, I know of a number of people having deals chucked at them recently to stay/join.

I've done it before no bother.

But they put me on half price for a year so need to ring them back and repeat the procedure :)

Might have landed a contract running fibre in the Olympic Velodrome. Yes, I have put in the T&C's that I want a few laps around the thing... :D

You should come over my way and say hello...

What, just ride on out the stadium on a £3,000 track bike through what is essentially a building site around the stadium?

What time's lunch? :D

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â