Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

When a toddler is polite :)

When I started seeing the current Mrs Seat, I met her nephew who was 3 at the time, he said "Hello, my name is Luke John Paul, pleased to meet you", he then extended his hand to be shaked.

• Like 2

When a toddler is polite :)

When I started seeing the current Mrs Seat, I met her nephew who was 3 at the time, he said "Hello, my name is Luke John Paul, pleased to meet you", he then extended his hand to be shaked.

My lad calls adults  "sir" or "Miss"  .. it's how they have to address the teachers at school

far to formal for my liking and I hope he grows out of it   ;)  , but I must admit it is wonderful when he addresses people in day to day situations and you see the look of almost joy that a child addresses them so respectfully

Edited by tonyh29

I am happy whenever anyone is polite, its seriously lacking in modern society.

totally agree

it's just usually when i hear the words "sir" it's followed by "you've had too much to drink and we'd like you to leave "

I find in day to day life that ( and without trying to stereotype)  , Women are the worst , in that they have zero courtesy on the road  , always block junctions , never give way when cars are parked on their side of the road , never acknowledge you when you do it for them  and also think its acceptable to stand in front of doors having a conversation so that everyone has to limbo dance around them to get in the door or block isles in supermarkets whilst they carry out their important conversations

yeah I'm exaggerating a point  ...

totally agree

it's just usually when i hear the words "sir" it's followed by "you've had too much to drink and we'd like you to leave "

Copyright Homer J Simpson (although you have also bastardized the quote).

• Like 1

totally agree

good spot  ... I know I  watch too much Simpsons , when the first thing that popped in my mind after seeing the word "sir" was the Homer quote

totally agree

I find in day to day life that ( and without trying to stereotype)  , Women are the worst , in that they have zero courtesy on the road  , always block junctions , never give way when cars are parked on their side of the road , never acknowledge you when you do it for them  and also think its acceptable to stand in front of doors having a conversation so that everyone has to limbo dance around them to get in the door or block isles in supermarkets whilst they carry out their important conversations

help me out here, I've read it three times and I'm struggling to see the bit you exaggerated

• Like 1

totally agree

help me out here, I've read it three times and I'm struggling to see the bit you exaggerated

well I did see a woman once with my own eyes , who didn't mount the curb in her haste to get past the traffic patiently waiting for the cars coming the other way

I get called sir by 6 year olds.

I see your "sir" and raise you the two things my 4-year old niece called me over Christmas holidays.

"Pirate Ninja" and "The Ice King".

Damn straight.

• Like 4

I get called sir by 6 year olds.

I see your "sir" and raise you the two things my 4-year old niece called me over Christmas holidays.

"Pirate Ninja" and "The Ice King".

Damn straight.

pirate-vs-ninja-22832363265.jpeg

• Like 1

totally agree

good spot  ... I know I  watch too much Simpsons , when the first thing that popped in my mind after seeing the word "sir" was the Homer quote

Isn't it "sir, you're making a scene"

totally agree

Isn't it "sir, you're making a scene"

the actual phrase was "For once maybe someone will call me "sir" without adding "You're making a scene."

i just gave it my own comedy slant  

Â