Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Shexh, lots and lots of shexh.

EDIT : I suppose that counts as both a suggestion to Mike and a standalone response in the thread :)

• Like 2

I've been for a run! Without injury reaction! (OK, slightly tight calf this morning, but the heel feels fine). First time in over 18 months.

Only a couple of miles, but I feel epic!

Did you run past MoneySupermarket Mike?

• Like 1

Good to hear. It must be awful not to be able to do something you love for so long. What were you doing to stay in shape in the interim?

Other than walking, absolutely **** all, mate.

But I don't do gyms, I don't do bikes, and I don't do swimming, so it's been a bit of a problem!

Buy you use 'Trampolines' :P

I'm going on a second date with a lovely girl tomorrow. Makes me happy, but I'm also crossing my fingers I don't fugg it up.

Second date is anal isn't it? Remember to lube up, be safe and if she says "stop, its hurting" it means she wants it more and you should try harder. *

*this was a joke. Do NOT DHUTWU despite robs advice

Being able to relax tonight cheers me up.. as had a job interview today and had been fretting/worrying about it for ages!

I've been for a run! Without injury reaction! (OK, slightly tight calf this morning, but the heel feels fine). First time in over 18 months.

Only a couple of miles, but I feel epic!

UPDATE: I guess this should be in the Running thread, but what the hell...three training runs this week (2, 3 and 4 miles respectively), followed by a 5K Parkrun this morning. Never thought I'd be so happy with a 29:39 ! Eight minutes outside my  PB for that course, but after 18 months off, I'll take it! And my daughter Alice on her first 'race', one place (and one second) behind. Competitive Dad strikes again...   :hooray:

:P 

• Like 3

Thought about saying that, but didn't. What really pleased me is that she is also competitive - first race, but didn't let up near the end, she was ruthlessly overtaking as many as possible. Killer instinct, bodes well. 

Chip off the old block.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Last week was truly not a good week for me. But hellooooooooooooooooooooo new week!! First I destroyed...DESTROYED the 2 "buff" guys and chick in the gym this morning. Then I met Pat Carroll, the awesome lady who did Ursulas voice in the Little Mermaid as well as a bunch of other stuff. I realise this might mean little to most of you but this geeked me out completely!!! It was cooler than when I met Joe Montana!!!!!!! And then I logged in here to read some hilarious stuff. Sometimes you guys and dolls are just great. As disturbing as the confessions thread has become, I'm dying laughing over here. 

Â