Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Well done Mike! :thumb:

Things that cheer me up? Hmmmm. Oh I know, the Czech bird who works in our activity suite with the **** huge tits and low cut tops. Bit inappropriate considering the nature of our line of work i guess but it gets the :thumb: from me.

You get tax breaks on paying a mortgage though don't you? So you're paying more tax now and not making an investment with it. I'd sort that out. After the party, obviously.

You get tax breaks on paying a mortgage though don't you? So you're paying more tax now and not making an investment with it. I'd sort that out. After the party, obviously.

Do you??

That was certainly my understanding over here. You might be different, though I don't see why it would be. We have some experts in the field on here I believe who might be able to explain the benefits.

Plus I'm off to Nice tomorrow for just over a week and the Euro hits a 3 and a half year low to celebrate. Haven't bought my euro's in advance this year for the first time, looks like it was the right choice.

Just the 33 years and 2 months left on my mortgage :( :(

You got a 35 year mortgage :shock: Makes the 22 I have left on mine feel like a strol in the park! :D

Yep!

Only way I could afford it really. I'll remortgage going forward at some point. I'm determined it won't actually take me that long to pay it off!

We just sorted the mortgage out for the new pad we are buying. We have left it at 21 years remaining (mortgage free by the time im 50) and plan to over pay.

Our mortgage adviser told us that we over pay by as little as £50 per month, we will knock 5 years of the mortgage and save, get this.......£28,000 in interest!!!

• 2 weeks later...
We just sorted the mortgage out for the new pad we are buying. We have left it at 21 years remaining (mortgage free by the time im 50) and plan to over pay.

Our mortgage adviser told us that we over pay by as little as £50 per month, we will knock 5 years of the mortgage and save, get this.......£28,000 in interest!!!

That's insane isn't it. How much was your property if you don't mind me asking and how much will you end up paying for it over the 21 years at the current rate?

Â