Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Then you should check out Perth,where the women/and teens go shopping etc etc wearing not a lot for 8 months of the year.

Caution:could be damaging to your eyes if not used to so much exposure.

Needs a complete redecorating/modernisation, but there's nowt stopping us from moving straight in. Will be packing up this week, moving most of the stuff over next weekend then spending the next two weeks touching up our old flat before handing it back to the estate agents (cosmetic stuff, just wanna make sure we get as much of that security deposit back as possible). The only things we want to do with the bungalow straight away is get the fuse-box up to current standards and maybe reinforce and plaster some of the interior walls (they're timber frame with aluminium cladding so they're very thin). Everything else will be as and when we get the time/money.

Needs a complete redecorating/modernisation, but there's nowt stopping us from moving straight in. Will be packing up this week, moving most of the stuff over next weekend then spending the next two weeks touching up our old flat before handing it back to the estate agents (cosmetic stuff, just wanna make sure we get as much of that security deposit back as possible). The only things we want to do with the bungalow straight away is get the fuse-box up to current standards and maybe reinforce and plaster some of the interior walls (they're timber frame with aluminium cladding so they're very thin). Everything else will be as and when we get the time/money.

I know a good electrican if you need one mate? 8)

I wouldnt mind starting again with a house and doing it from top to bottom, it would just be hard with the little dude at the moment.

The place we have brought, we have payed £1k less than they payed for it 2 years ago, and in those 2 years they knocked the kitchen through to form a big open plan kitchen/dining room and installed a brand new kitchen, consevatory on the back and complete new bathroom. From what i can gather, they had an unexpected 3rd child and needed a 4 bed house.

So while we have payed more than we were going to, we have had roughly £10k's worth of stuff done to it for nothing. Nothing to do, just move straight in.

Result!!!

Then you should check out Perth,where the women/and teens go shopping etc etc wearing not a lot for 8 months of the year.

Caution:could be damaging to your eyes if not used to so much exposure.

I shall be there in WA in october....cant wait....Kings Park here I come !

I know a good electrican if you need one mate? 8)

I wouldnt mind starting again with a house and doing it from top to bottom, it would just be hard with the little dude at the moment.

The place we have brought, we have payed £1k less than they payed for it 2 years ago, and in those 2 years they knocked the kitchen through to form a big open plan kitchen/dining room and installed a brand new kitchen, consevatory on the back and complete new bathroom. From what i can gather, they had an unexpected 3rd child and needed a 4 bed house.

So while we have payed more than we were going to, we have had roughly £10k's worth of stuff done to it for nothing. Nothing to do, just move straight in.

Result!!!

Friggin' sweet! :shock:

I reckon it'll probably be a good 2-3 years before everything's 'ours', so to speak. We've nae bairn to worry about, so the second bedroom is gonna be a den/football shrine/games room and the third a gym. We've got a sparky sorted, so happy days.

We moved 2 years ago... in that time we have:

Decorated 3 out 4 bedrooms

New bathroom

Decorated lounge, dining room and hallway.

Replaced the back door (fnar fnar)

Installed a woodburner

Remodeled the garden

The best news, houses on the street are currently on the market at about £25k less than we paid for ours. :grr:

New bathroom

Installed a woodburner

Remodeled the garden

The best news, houses on the street are currently on the market at about £25k less than we paid for ours. :grr:

Ouch dude!!!! £25k in 2 years!?

The amount of times ive heard "You cant go wrong with property...you'll never lose money!"

My **** arse!!!

New bathroom

Installed a woodburner

Remodeled the garden

The amount of times ive heard "You cant go wrong with property...you'll never lose money!"

My **** arse!!!

Tbh though we bought at the top of the market and there are something like 25000 new homes being built in my town between now and 2025. We can afford to sit tight though - its a 4 bed house and we are only using 2 at the moment, we can stay put and wait for the market whilst making it a long term home for us. Not worried.

New bathroom

Installed a woodburner

Remodeled the garden

My **** arse!!!

Long term I think that's true.

You're always going to get short term fluctuations. But the long term will always show an upward trend in prices.

The missus has just txt me...

"Can we watch the open ceremony for the olympics tonight baby? xxx"

Stupid girl!!! :crylaugh:

If you haven't replied

"on condition of a blow job whilst the flame is lit, followed by you shouting "he's broken the world record" as I spaff in your face"

you are a disgrace to mankind.

Must admit I would very much like to avoid the whole crap showbiz thing and cut straight to the sport.

But the opening ceremony is the ONLY bit that my sport-hating missus wants to see. So the least I can do is sit and watch it with her, as I intend to watch a lot of sport over the next couple of weeks.

If you haven't replied

"on condition of a blow job whilst the flame is lit, followed by you shouting "he's broken the world record" as I spaff in your face"

:lol:

If you haven't replied

I'll take that as a no then.

..........oh and tag...... "no returns"

Â