Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

The banks have conned people for years over 25 year mortgages

Cut the term down and save tens of £'000's

How have they conned people? People are entitled to have 10-15-20-25 year mortgages. They can choose what they want. Many people choose the longer term initially as that is all they can afford. I will be looking at a 35 year mortgage when I buy a property later this year. As my career progresses and I can afford higher payments it will reduce.

Given that my taste in comedy tends to run diametrically opposite to most of VT, I expect you all to hate "Mrs Brown", as I quite like it.

Pretty much.

I watched 5 minutes and wanted to claw my eyes out.

Awful.

Given that my taste in comedy tends to run diametrically opposite to most of VT, I expect you all to hate "Mrs Brown", as I quite like it.

Quite right... While I will snigger occasionally, most of the time I think its god awful!

I have to agree, when it comes to comedy there is good taste and there is your taste.

My brother got married yesterday and I was best man. My speech went down a storm. The wedding photographer told me that it was the best best man speech he could remember.

It was a fantastic day and a great feeling all around. Cheered me up no end after the crapness that is work.

Quite right... While I will snigger occasionally, most of the time I think its god awful!

So why watch it then?

I tell you what Paddy would recommend to cheer you up - Not watching Mrs Brown's Boys!

I watched a few clips and shamelessly giggled. I don't own a TV as such so hadn't heard of it before, think I'll check it out now.

My brother got married yesterday and I was best man. My speech went down a storm. The wedding photographer told me that it was the best best man speech he could remember.

It was a fantastic day and a great feeling all around. Cheered me up no end after the crapness that is work.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be in line for a best man's speech within the next year, possibly two.

It'll be my first one, and I'm determined to get a reaction like yours!

We just sorted the mortgage out for the new pad we are buying. We have left it at 21 years remaining (mortgage free by the time im 50) and plan to over pay.

Our mortgage adviser told us that we over pay by as little as £50 per month, we will knock 5 years of the mortgage and save, get this.......£28,000 in interest!!!

That's insane isn't it. How much was your property if you don't mind me asking and how much will you end up paying for it over the 21 years at the current rate?

We have brought the new house for £175k but we are only borrowing ("only" :lol: ) £140k. I think the total repayment is something like £210k if we dont over pay and at the current rate of interest.

Mortgage free, mortgage free, mortgage free.

Speaking of, just been told we'll be exchanging today. Typing up my letter of notice to vacate to our estate agent, will drop it off at lunchtime. Can't wait to actually have space for all my shit.

As i'm a teacher the 6 weeks holidays ahead are cheering me up!

trips to London for the Olympics, b and bs in the Cotswolds, getting out on my bike in North Yorkshire, seeing my little niece for the first time in 6months, watching copious amounts of TV series/films and finally spending some quality time with the fiancee now she's finished her masters all beckon...

ive got a best man speech to write for December as well, will have to start preparing it soon, must have been a nice feeling PV!

Â