Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Todays co-op pit stop for something to take to work lead  to the discovery of White chocolate marathon bars   ...

yep , White chocolate and haters are gonna hate  , but they are pretty darn good

White chocolate, where they take out all the actual cocoa and just leave the devil's spunk. Nah you're grand thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s quite funny watching the soaps that have clearly been filmed in a Covid secure way.

People walking down the street chatting 2 meters in front of one another.

There was a scene the other day where someone collapsed and the other person crouched down on the floor crying 2 meters away :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s quite funny watching the soaps that have clearly been filmed in a Covid secure way.

There was a scene the other day where someone collapsed and the other person crouched down on the floor crying 2 meters away :lol: 

I’m quite concerned you watch that crap 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Todays co-op pit stop for something to take to work lead  to the discovery of White chocolate marathon bars   ...

yep , White chocolate and haters are gonna hate  , but they are pretty darn good

Dogshit from a dog fed on '70s dogfood

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:
8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Dogshit from a dog fed on '70s dogfood

I always wondered where it all went in the late 70's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Genie said:

That makes sense though surely? They're mimicking today's reality, no?  I mean, people are keeping their distances. It would be more weird if they were filming an alternative reality where everything was still open and everyone was within an accidental spitting distance of each other :lol:

But also, yeah stop watching that shit :lol::lol: 

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

That makes sense though surely? They're mimicking today's reality, no?  I mean, people are keeping their distances. It would be more weird if they were filming an alternative reality where everything was still open and everyone was within an accidental spitting distance of each other :lol:

But also, yeah stop watching that shit :lol::lol: 

It’s just funny to watch, they of course have to make a nod to coronavirus social distancing but then I’m not sure many people would maintain 2m distance if they just witnessed a loved one collapse in the street or having a bar fight at a safe distance.
They can’t do it any other way, it’s just amusing watching them trying their best to film it safely and also appear realistic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s the first working week of the new year over with . Boil the kettle and crack open the biscuits, because this boy is home for Quincy . 

Is that some sort of rhyming slang? 

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Is that some sort of rhyming slang? 

Not at all Mike . Don’t drink booze much nowadays so there’s the kettle part, and always have biscuits with my cup of tea . The Quincy part comes from what one of my gaffers used to say when we had an early day . “You’ll be home for Quincy “ 

Another one I used to use with some of the work lads was 

“Tie a ribbon around the gate, get out the fine China, and crack open the soda , because this boy is home for Quincy “

• Like 1

On 09/01/2021 at 03:23, Rugeley Villa said:

Not at all Mike . Don’t drink booze much nowadays so there’s the kettle part, and always have biscuits with my cup of tea . The Quincy part comes from what one of my gaffers used to say when we had an early day . “You’ll be home for Quincy “ 

Another one I used to use with some of the work lads was 

“Tie a ribbon around the gate, get out the fine China, and crack open the soda , because this boy is home for Quincy “

*Puts on best Samuel L Jackson impersonation*

"ENGLISH MOTHERF***ER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

And here I was thinking your lot invented the language.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

*Puts on best Samuel L Jackson impersonation*

"ENGLISH MOTHERF***ER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

And here I was thinking your lot invented the language.

What we didn’t invent weren’t worth inventing. 

If your only ambition in life is to grow old, get fat, and grow a beard, then you’ve truly made it. You’ve reached the point where you honestly couldn’t give a ****, and that’s what it’s all about . 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If your only ambition in life is to grow old, get fat, and grow a beard, then you’ve truly made it. 

Already achieved that lot. What shall I aim for now? I'm thinking immortality. 

Â