Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 01/01/2021 at 15:15, bickster said:

(I exclude Clark from that as he won two but can't see when he got his gong)

1965 after his 2nd title.

• Thanks 1

After dreading going back to work today, my inbox was basically empty, no meetings in the calendar and my boss and most of the team are Edinburgh based and all on holiday today. Easing my way back into it by doing my Q1 training. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

After dreading going back to work today, my inbox was basically empty, no meetings in the calendar

Probably network problems then.

• Haha 1

On 30/12/2020 at 19:10, NurembergVillan said:

"Penny for his thoughts" would have been mine. Or "upturning like a bad Penny"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

First day at work this year out the way. Bloody dread the first day but once it’s over it sorts you out . 

WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?   :)

• Like 3

On 30/12/2020 at 11:10, NurembergVillan said:

Bit of trivia:   In the US, at least, that type of bicycle was long referred to as an Ordinary Bicycle, long after the sort we ride today had become far more common, or "ordinary."   The modern day bicycle was known as the Safety Bicycle.   We're a bunch of p*ssies riding Safety Bicycles.

Edited by il_serpente
  • Like 1

I found an old wi-fi extender thingummy under the stairs. I bought it when printers were a thing, so the printer could sit in the spare room and I could print to it from the computer downstairs. Anyway, I manged to wire it to my stero and I can now sit in my "office" (dining room) listening to the stereo all day beamed from my phone. Been doing it for 3 days now and it's blissful.

• Like 2

This superb prank came up in my recommendations.

The impression is half Rhod Gilbert, half Sean Dyche, but I'm more impressed with the ability of a secondary school pupil to sound plausibly like a Premier League manager negotiating with a veteran journeyman.

Â