Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

That whilst we unfortunately can't see any family today as they're all to far away, we've been able to video call them all and everyone seems to be having a good day and people have seen the little one open their gifts. Modern technology is a lifesaver, can't imagine what this  year and Christmas would have been like 10 or 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

Nothing like a day of clearing out junk to make you question your sanity. I've got rid of about 4 bin bags of shit so far. "Better keep 2 drawers full of VGA, printer, and other assorted usb cables, never know when you might need them". Never, is the answer. 

If I ever do decide to rewatch a bunch of old films and sitcoms, I'll probably stream them instead of watching these ancient DVDs in standard definition, too. 

This afternoon's activity is trying to identify these 7 individual, unlabelled keys of unknown origin. 

• Like 1

I did something similar yesterday. Cleared out two massive bags of DVDs and about 40 books. Like you say the films will all be online and I rarely read a book twice. Feels great to get rid of clutter, just a shame the space will be full of new clutter this time next year!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Like you say the films will all be online and I rarely read a book twice. 

Films all online? If only. My DVD collection is staying right where it is - lots of old westerns, film noir and European arthouse stuff, almost none of which are available on streaming services. 

Some books I do read twice. And others have sufficient sentimental value that I like just to see them on the shelf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Nothing like a day of clearing out junk to make you question your sanity. I've got rid of about 4 bin bags of shit so far. "Better keep 2 drawers full of VGA, printer, and other assorted usb cables, never know when you might need them". Never, is the answer. 

If I ever do decide to rewatch a bunch of old films and sitcoms, I'll probably stream them instead of watching these ancient DVDs in standard definition, too. 

This afternoon's activity is trying to identify these 7 individual, unlabelled keys of unknown origin. 

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In total I've discovered 46 allen keys of varying sizes. Definitely time to invest in a toolbox! 

So....how long have you been living with Michael McIntyre?

• Shocked 1

Haters are gonna hate but stumbled across the Clark family today and they’ve been “cheering me up “ ....the dads seems a fairly decent musician but the daughter just steals it with her enthusiasm and mick jagger impressions 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Haters are gonna hate but stumbled across the Clark family today and they’ve been “cheering me up “ ....the dads seems a fairly decent musician but the daughter just steals it with her enthusiasm and mick jagger impressions 

This is definite cheer up territory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The problem with that is you might not be able to watch the original versions anymore as they may have to be cut due to 'problematic' language/attitudes of that era

We've already seen Peep Show and other comedy shows cut. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

The problem with that is you might not be able to watch the original versions anymore as they may have to be cut due to 'problematic' language/attitudes of that era

We've already seen Peep Show and other comedy shows cut. 

You can't even get all the Fred Quimby Tom and Jerry films, because of the stereotypical black housemaid. 

Â