Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m currently all over that twitter absolutely trash talking country music.

Especially the shit stuff and Dolly.

Country peaked with "Islands in the Stream"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I had a brief relationship with a woman from Indiana once upon a time, and that was what she put on when the fun started 🤦‍♂️

Never heard of the song so looked it up. Gave up after about 30 seconds. Still not sure what I just watched. 

• Haha 1

I have to admit, Kenny Chesney’s She thinks my tractors sexy is definitely a stick to beat country music with. That said the genre isn’t pretentious anyway, not a single bit. I could find 100 songs worse but for different reasons. Maybe I am numb to it but when it comes on the radio I don’t even raise an eyebrow any more. 

On 16/01/2021 at 19:08, bickster said:

wrong wrong wrong wrong.... it was obviously She Thinks My Tractors Sexy

This made me think of an idea though.  What does everyone think is the best song in their least favourite genre?  I'll have to go away and have a think about it. It's an exercise in which reggae song do I hate the least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

This made me think of an idea though.  What does everyone think is the best song in their least favourite genre?  I'll have to go away and have a think about it. It's an exercise in which reggae song do I hate the least.

Rap/hip hop for me. 

This may be a challenge too far. 

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

What does everyone think is the best song in their least favourite genre?

How nerdy do we go with Genres? Is classical just any music with "like...old people instruments"? Is classical music even "songs"...is "opera" classical? If only there were some sort of thread where I could ask you anything.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

How nerdy do we go with Genres? Is classical just any music with "like...old people instruments"? Is classical music even "songs"...is "opera" classical? If only there were some sort of thread where I could ask you anything.

Does this mean you don't like classical? 

Â