Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You can't even get all the Fred Quimby Tom and Jerry films, because of the stereotypical black housemaid. 

I can almost see DVD/Blu-rays being quite 'cult' in the future, a bit like vinyl is nowadays. It will give you the opportunity to watch the original versions of films that might not be shown anymore. 

Today's random court story. 

A guy got really drunk and also really annoyed with a Police Officer who told him to go home.  So he did what anyone would in that situation........

He peed into his sock and slapped the officer across the face with it. 

This could become the new version of Killer Clown attacks.  

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Today's random court story. 

A guy got really drunk and also really annoyed with a Police Officer who told him to go home.  So he did what anyone would in that situation........

He peed into his sock and slapped the officer across the face with it. 

This could become the new version of Killer Clown attacks.  

Would not be convicted by a jury of his peers. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Haters are gonna hate but stumbled across the Clark family today and they’ve been “cheering me up “ ....the dads seems a fairly decent musician but the daughter just steals it with her enthusiasm and mick jagger impressions 

HAha, Gimme Shelter is hilarious and Baba O'Reilly, then they started with the B**tles, so I stopped

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

HAha, Gimme Shelter is hilarious and Baba O'Reilly, then they started with the B**tles, so I stopped

Ha , I was thinking of linking a Beatles one but as it was the cheer you up thread  and not the annoy Bicks thread i went with something else :)

her Townsend windmills on Baba O’Reilly did make me chuckle 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ha , I was thinking of linking a Beatles one but as it was the cheer you up thread  and not the annoy Bicks thread i went with something else :)

her Townsend windmills on Baba O’Reilly did make me chuckle 

Never understood what the fuss was with the Beatles, they're okay, but nowhere near what people make them out to be. Their ridiculous appeal in the States really throws me. I was at a wedding a few years ago which ended up with a solid hour of Beatles songs and mid 30 year olds going crazy for it. If I never listened to one of their songs again I honestly wouldn't be fussed. Each to their own though. 

14 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Never understood what the fuss was with the Beatles, they're okay, but nowhere near what people make them out to be. Their ridiculous appeal in the States really throws me. I was at a wedding a few years ago which ended up with a solid hour of Beatles songs and mid 30 year olds going crazy for it. If I never listened to one of their songs again I honestly wouldn't be fussed. Each to their own though. 

C'mon get off the fence, it's nice on this side

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You had to be there. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You had to be there. 

Which is what I always thought (although love stuff from before my time like the Stones, Tina Turner, Queen, Meatloaf or loads of others), but then saw that American wedding with loads of 30 Yr olds going nuts. They even chanted "Paul is dead" for a solid 10 minutes. 

54 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Which is what I always thought (although love stuff from before my time like the Stones, Tina Turner, Queen, Meatloaf or loads of others), but then saw that American wedding with loads of 30 Yr olds going nuts. They even chanted "Paul is dead" for a solid 10 minutes. 

Thus proving they don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A rather unexpected chain of events.

Mrs Chrispy’s phone was out of contract and old and knackered.

So we phoned Virgin yesterday evening and asked for a new one.

They said yes and they would send it today.

This morning, we had a message from Yodel saying it was on a van and should be with us mid afternoon.

Mid afternoon, the phone turned up.

We switched the SIM card, switched it on, transferred all the apps.

It just works, everything, just working, done and dusted.

How bloody weird is that!

There was a period of about 3 years when there was a consumer hex upon me. Everything I bought had a defect and had to be returned. 

So, I'm always happy to hear stories like this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A rather unexpected chain of events.

Mrs Chrispy’s phone was out of contract and old and knackered.

So we phoned Virgin yesterday evening and asked for a new one.

They said yes and they would send it today.

This morning, we had a message from Yodel saying it was on a van and should be with us mid afternoon.

Mid afternoon, the phone turned up.

We switched the SIM card, switched it on, transferred all the apps.

It just works, everything, just working, done and dusted.

How bloody weird is that!

Nice! Is it Android or Apple? 
I was really impressed when I upgraded my iPhone, at the opening screen it says “if you’re upgrading from another iPhone put it near this one”. You do that, they start talking to each other and the new one transfers everything and even puts the apps in the same place on the screen, same wallpaper, even transfers your alarm settings. Very impressive stuff.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nice! Is it Android or Apple? 
I was really impressed when I upgraded my iPhone, at the opening screen it says “if you’re upgrading from another iPhone put it near this one”. You do that, they start talking to each other and the new one transfers everything and even puts the apps in the same place on the screen, same wallpaper, even transfers your alarm settings. Very impressive stuff.

Android, switching from an ancient Sony to a new Samsung.

All prompted by the banking app no longer being supported because the Sony software was so old, I think the bank said they won’t update anything older than ‘7’ and when we checked the Sony was on 4.

So she’s gone Sony 4 to Samsung 10, and as you say, it was as simple as switch them both on next to each other.

• Like 2

Â