Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Bit geeky but love everything about this clip

- The people interviewed look at least 10 years older than their true age (must have been tough growing up in post war Britain)

- The new cars look tatty already!

- The pipe smoking businessman wanting to drive 30k miles per year in a car with less than a 1000cc engine

- The Fiat salesman being proud they offer a 2 year rust warranty!

- Bit of casual sexism from Shaw Taylor - "‘Would you join me over here a second, love?’!"

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

The story that one of David Brown's friends asked if he could have an Aston Martin at cost price, to which the reply was "Yes of course, the list price is £4,000 but the cost price is £5,000. Please send over your cheque"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Marcus Rashford on twitter today making a holy **** show of your government :crylaugh:

Re-tweeting all the councils and private companies in the different areas around England who have agreed to step up and fill the void left by the government's decision to stop feeding children in poverty.  Man is that a bad **** look :lol:

They thought he would go away after his previous victory. They've even had the nerve to accuse him of virtue signalling this time.  This after him getting an MBE.

They thought he was out of plays, but noooooope. He has doubled down and this is far and away the worst thing to happen the Tories in this particular battle.

The actions being taken all across the country today show the Tories to look every inch the enemy of the people and Marcus is going nowhere.

As the yoof might say - "hook that shit to my **** veins".

I know this strays way too far into bolitics for my liking, but this is good shit so I'm making an exception :D  

Agree this does cheer me up too. Lot of good people around still which is good to see. 

I'll be doing my bit too. The charity he is supporting FareShare got my PPV money last week and will be this week too. 

I get to stick two fingers up to the PL/Sky and Tories at the same time. That's my kind of virtue signalling. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

I’ve just said something so ridiculously inappropriate on a family group chat that I’ve closed it and now I’m sat here literally laughing to myself with a stupid beaming smile on my face.

I think maybe I’m very tired.

update: I’ve had something of a bollocking from my work from home co-worker

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just said something so ridiculously inappropriate on a family group chat that I’ve closed it and now I’m sat here literally laughing to myself with a stupid beaming smile on my face.

I think maybe I’m very tired.

update: I’ve had something of a bollocking from my work from home co-worker

You’re gonna have to tell us what you said...

50523616066_70059c00aa_n.jpg

A proper ‘social’ day. It felt like everyone was out and about having a walk. Met people I haven’t seen in months. Funniest 4 or 5 miles ever, it took hours!

But this is me in a castle, hiding from someone I didn’t want to say hello to.

Absolutely pissing it down.

• Haha 1

Driving down the M6 earlier in the heavy rain, I'm doing about 65 in the inside lane and taking it steady and then a car speeds past me - a 1971 mexico brown Rover P6 V8, with an old boy at the wheel giving it some beans! Brilliant. 

Had a quick look at the cars online records and its only done about 55k miles. Cracking condition.

Sort of car I imagine @rjw63 would approve of. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Driving down the M6 earlier in the heavy rain, I'm doing about 65 in the inside lane and taking it steady and then a car speeds past me - a 1971 mexico brown Rover P6 V8, with an old boy at the wheel giving it some beans! Brilliant. 

Had a quick look at the cars online records and its only done about 55k miles. Cracking condition.

Sort of car I imagine @rjw63 would approve of. 

Indeed. I had a P6 myself but it was a 2200 TC. Had to wait a couple of years before acquiring the awesome V8...i ended up.owning four of em (including the P5 coupe I posted on here before) the other three were SD1's

• Like 1

Â