Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Well, I'm glad my conversation has been shot down and had the life squeezed out of it. 

You've now got me interested to see if the midweek split carries on through to Friday and you made me look at the charts you bugger :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

You've now got me interested to see if the midweek split carries on through to Friday and you made me look at the charts you bugger :D

I wonder if this is a VT first:   The same person posting about the same subject in both the Things That Piss You Off thread and Things that Cheer You Up thread almost simultaneously.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

At a loose end as the OH has retired to bed feeling under the weather, no football on... oh what’s that? Spain versus Portugal and a cold beer. That’ll do.

Also, they have fans in the ground. Not many, but some.

My answer to this question, which would be - a smattering of German and the bit of French in the song “Michelle”, probably doesn’t quite have the same anecdotal power that Werner’s answer has - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Serving your notice at a job, everyone just goes on about how awesome you are for 4 weeks then you get free beer and wine.

The joy when the shit appears in your inbox and you don’t need to worry about sorting it out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The joy when the shit appears in your inbox and you don’t need to worry about sorting it out. 

This. I went through all the open job tickets and closed them with some variant of 'no longer relevant'. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The one part of redundancy I am enjoying is that October is our annual sales month. Now I don't have to pretend that selling chipboard cabinets is somehow important . God I hope Travis Perkins go bust.

After watching The Social Dilemma I also deleted Facebook completely today and I immediately felt an incredible sense of relief.  40 years of friendships and memories shitcanned in 5 minutes.   Superb. Should have done it years ago.  I use twitter as a search engine but other than that VT is my only social media "presence"  now and whilst I wouldn't say that makes me happy it doesn't make me suicidal which is a win AFAIC.

UTV

I tried to delete a load of old Facebook history and it’s really quite difficult. Facebook collects all different kinds of data in all different places and you have to do it all manually. I thought I’d deleted all comments, likes, reactions, video watched history etc up to about 2 years ago but it still keeps showing me “memories“ of my posts from 7/8/9 years ago. They should be gone 😡

I probably should nuke the account completely. Is there a way to wipe everything in 1 go and just retain the friend list?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I tried to delete a load of old Facebook history and it’s really quite difficult. Facebook collects all different kinds of data in all different places and you have to do it all manually. I thought I’d deleted all comments, likes, reactions, video watched history etc up to about 2 years ago but it still keeps showing me “memories“ of my posts from 7/8/9 years ago. They should be gone 😡

I probably should nuke the account completely. Is there a way to wipe everything in 1 go and just retain the friend list?

I saved the pics i wanted then deleted everything manually. ( I have time in abundance and don't actually sleep more than an hour a day ) I Gave my phone number to my siblings and then deleted the account rather than deactivating. It says there is a 30 day period where you can come back but I guarantee I won't be .  

It became a chore and something I "had" to check when it reality all the best times in my life were before facebook . After having watched The Social Dilemma it's obvious we are being socially engineered into an Orwellian nightmare . I can't stop what's coming but I sure as hell won't be playing a part in it.   

I should also get my first ever taste of Universal Credits in a few weeks .  I've already got my eye on a nice Lacoste tracksuit.

Won't be long before I'm speaking the lingo of the bellend.   

"Scenes" 

"Limbs" 

"You love to see it"

"Levels"

"Standard"

That sort of thing.🖖

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I should also get my first ever taste of Universal Credits in a few weeks .  I've already got my eye on a nice Lacoste tracksuit.

"Scenes" 

"Limbs" 

"You love to see it"

"Levels"

"Standard"

That sort of thing.🖖

Double chimney! Template. Bruv. 

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

"Scenes" 

"Limbs" 

"You love to see it"

"Levels"

"Standard"

That sort of thing.🖖

I sincerely hope you’re planning to spend it all in Weatherspoons on the day it’s paid.

Just now, Genie said:

I sincerely hope you’re planning to spend it all in Weatherspoons on the day it’s paid.

I don't drink and haven't been in a pub since 2018 but I do intend to buy some hydroponics and a staffy.

I did like their breakfasts mind you before i gave up meat.

• Haha 2

Â