Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have questions. Toilet? I have just turned 50, my bladder rarely makes it through an episode of Corrie, let alone a gig. 

That's a different balloon, but don't fall on it whilst dancing.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

We've had a new cleaner for the office.  He's a young Iranian Lad.   We share a similar name and we've got talking.  

"It was a difficult journey to the UK..........."

At this point I am expecting to hear stories of People Smuggling, hiding in car boots and swimming the last 100m of the channel at night.   

".........it was a 10 hour flight from Tehran and we had to divert to Gatwick instead of Heathrow.  "  

Did he fly in a Sopwith Camel , it’s just under a 6 hour flight from Tehran 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I suppose you have to factor in the possibility of indirect flights, strong headwinds, avoiding shoulder launched anti-aircraft missiles,  being intercepted by a pair of F15 and waterboarding at passport control?

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I suppose you have to factor in the possibility of indirect flights, strong headwinds, avoiding shoulder launched anti-aircraft missiles,  being intercepted by a pair of F15 and waterboarding at passport control?

and the diversion to Gatwick

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He landed at Gatwick, went outside and had a look and spent 4 hours trying to get back on the return flight.

My bog cistern was filling too high, kept leaking outside from the overflow. The ballcock had slipped and needed adjusting. It's a small job but a right bugger to get at. Hadn't got a spanner to adjust the nut, and my adjustable wrench was too bulky to get in between the flushing mechanism. Ah bugger, couldn't work out how to get at it. So I went to make a cup of tea and ponder. I went to get a spoon from the drawer, What did I notice, a nutcracker, hadn't been used for about 20 years.  It worked a treat, small enough to fit and enough grip to loosen and then tighten the nut. 

having written, this I just realised I used thee nutcracker on a nut.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This might be too ghey for some of you so turn away. 
I have seen a lot of relationships crumble during the pandemic. My daughter and her entire circle of friends have all split up with their partners. My wife’s boss, friends of my wife. It seems that being stuck with your loved one was too much and as a result the cracks became chasms that relationships could not hold together. 
i rarely leave the house, me and Mrs Seat are in each others company the entire week apart from about 10 hours maybe. Our social life tends to involve each other, more so during covid. 
what cheers me, is still, not a strong word, don’t get me wrong, useless word removed gets bandied about, but nothing serious. Nothing that says we have problems. I am happy and cheered that we werent a couple that covid said you **** are done. 

I once said to her, we will never split up. She said, please let me have my dreams. 

For the first time in 22 years we are genuinely just the two of us. The spare nipper went to uni 4 weeks ago, leaving us two working from home in a locked down county.

Turns out, she’s quite funny and interesting. 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This might be too ghey for some of you so turn away. 
I have seen a lot of relationships crumble during the pandemic. My daughter and her entire circle of friends have all split up with their partners. My wife’s boss, friends of my wife. It seems that being stuck with your loved one was too much and as a result the cracks became chasms that relationships could not hold together. 
i rarely leave the house, me and Mrs Seat are in each others company the entire week apart from about 10 hours maybe. Our social life tends to involve each other, more so during covid. 
what cheers me, is still, not a strong word, don’t get me wrong, useless word removed gets bandied about, but nothing serious. Nothing that says we have problems. I am happy and cheered that we werent a couple that covid said you **** are done. 

I once said to her, we will never split up. She said, please let me have my dreams. 

Similar story here. We've been married for 38 years, and it's by no means been all plain sailing. During the pandemic we've been in each other's company pretty much 24/7, but we have both been surprised about how well we've got along - not one major row. The other bit, about friends and family is different from your experience though - don't know anyone who's split up or had serious relationship issues. 

• Like 2

Â