Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Similar to you @Stevo985 I weighed myself on Sunday and found I’d lost two stone in three months. Mine’s literally just from stopping drinking completely. I’m still a pig when it comes to food and I haven’t been to the gym in over a year. It’s mental how many calories I was knocking back each day. 

Cant wait to get back to the gym now and get my muscle back, when it’s safe to though and not before. 

It's amazing how cutting something like that out can make a difference!

Mine is just food though. I love eating :D 
I have a huge appetite so if I'm not actively controlling what i eat then I naturally put weight on. I'd let it go unchecked for the past year really. HAd a few times when I said I was "dieting", but I wasn't really. I was kidding myself. 
I have to count calories. Nothing else works for me.

But it's been far easier to control being on lockdown. No nights out, no distractions at work, no meals out. Plus I've added plenty of walking and running in.

Feels good. i'm looking forward to rediscovering half of my wardrobe which I'd "grown out of" :D 

• Like 1

I'm drinking less but luckily I've been able to offset that by eating more biscuits.  I'm not a biscuit person usually, but like many people I've used this period to try new things and develop new interests.

• Like 1

Food is definitely something I struggle to control. Up until my 30’s I always had a fast metabolism and prided myself on how much I could eat without putting weight on, then mid 30’s hits and I’m still eating everything in sight despite the slower metabolism. I’m sure it happens to us all. 

Lockdown has definitely been helpful, the only takeaway I miss is Indian, but I can cook great curries at home. I don’t miss any fast food and I’m pretty sure I won’t go back when they reopen. That feels good, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza, kebabs can all do one. 

Weirdly I have put on a little over 2 stone. The only changes to my lifestyle is drinking a lot, eating really shit food and sitting on my arse all day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First 2 weeks of lockdown I got through 5 or 6 bottles of rum. Knocked that on the head shaprish and I've only had one since then. Figured that was a slippery slope!

Wow, in crude terms that must have been approaching half a bottle some days. I reckon that would put me in hospital now. 

I’m not pious, I just drifted out of the habit. As a nipper, I regularly drank to the point of passing out. Admittedly that would have been aided by popping paracetamol at the same time. ‘Breaker Parties’ we used to call them. These days I’d be pissed on two glasses of wine.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not pious, I just drifted out of the habit. These days I’d be pissed on two glasses of wine.

Blue nun?

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Blue nun?

My wife buys a bottle of something white about every other Thursday shopping trip. Usually just whatever white wine is under a tenner with a bad picture on the bottle. She’ll always be drawn by a picture of a foot or a kangaroo or a seagull, rather than any review stars or tasting notes.

I’ll always try some, but usually it just sits there in my glass until its gone warm and gets tipped away. Once in a while, it’ll hit the spot, I’ll have two glasses and snore all night like a whale with adenoids. 

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Wow, in crude terms that must have been approaching half a bottle some days. I reckon that would put me in hospital now. 

I’m not pious, I just drifted out of the habit. As a nipper, I regularly drank to the point of passing out. Admittedly that would have been aided by popping paracetamol at the same time. ‘Breaker Parties’ we used to call them. These days I’d be pissed on two glasses of wine.

Probably wasn’t far off. But I would just have a few rum and cokes over an evening and it all adds up. 

I wasn’t getting drunk. And I never usually drink at home. Ever. So it was a bit of a strange habit to pick up. 

So yeah figured it wasn’t the best time to start that habit 

• Like 1

I'm working whilst at home, and unfortunately my works never been busier.  This message is making me feel bad.  Needless to say, I've easily put a stone on, I'm scared of the scales!

I've had to take my pedometer off my wrist because it was depressing going to bed with 1500-3000 steps every weekday and then seeing it jump to 15,000+ on the weekends. 

I've been a part-time grounds worker too, digging out for my drive extension and digging out for my patio extension, plus all the sub-base going from my front drive to patio which was 2x850kg bags, filling skips etc.

Tonight (If my slabs ever turn up), I'll be moving 2 850kg bags of sand round the back, mixing it up in a cement mixer, moving my slabs to the back and laying the things! 

HURRY UP AND COME SLABS! :( 

That's gotta count as some exercise innit? 

Edited by lapal_fan

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Friday night I sat in a bar and consumed 5 750ml karafs of white wine. I wasn't out to get pissed but the weather was glorious and we were sat outside. It took me around 6 hours to do that without realising. I have no memory of getting home but I woke up with a sandwich stuffed into the back pocket of my shorts, bought from a supermarket that's about 2 miles in the opposite direction from home.

I won't be doing anything like that again in a hurry.

Last Friday we had a Zoom family quiz. We won of course ;)

I consumed almost two bottles of wine and a large vodka before bed. I blacked out and can't remember a thing, as is my usual way but not long after falling asleep I apparently woke up and started yapping about all sorts of shit.

Unfortunately for me the wife recorded the whole thing. Actually I'm quite an amusing drunk.

• Like 4

I lost around 2st from May-Sept and kept it all off through the winter. 

loads of new clobber, including a shed load brought at the start of the lockdown. 

I’ve put over 1st back on in the past few weeks and now I’m struggling as I got rid of all my fat man clothes. 

Back to running and no carbs again for me. Two runs down so far and they have nearly killed me. 

Â