Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Some shit TV show is on about holiday homes.

Happily Laura Hamilton is presenting it, and I'm twitching in the lower regions.

Quality mooney-image-search that.

EDIT, NOT your lower regions

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Quality mooney-image-search that

Actually the buying couple are in Italy, and the English wife's name is Lucrezia.

Ya couldn't make it up!

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Actually the buying couple are in Italy, and the English wife's name is Lucrezia.

Ya couldn't make it up!

Congratulations, I've Borgia a house. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh yes, we definitely have our jobs

She does most of the burning, as I''ll eat her food and say nothing. Sometimes I cook and it tastes so much better but she hates it. She's never undercooked anything in her life. I do most of the washing up, this however is a recent phenomena. If the roles are reversed, she doesn't seem to realise that she's doing far less washing up than I do because not once has she ever used the same utensil twice on the same meal or actually washed up some stuff in the middle. I say nothing because... well its not worth it.

I wash all my own clothes (1 wash per week - she does about 15 - again, not worth it), ironing? I rarely do ironing but having said that, I do all my own, the odd court appearance etc

Insects are definitely my job, it's the loudest she gets, she can be shouting at me but its still not as loud as SPIDER!!!!!

Lawn, pressure washing, yep that shits mine

I think we need a thread "things that piss me off about the Mrs".😁

I’m just cheered that the cheers me up thread is getting some attention.

This might be one for the ‘Wonder’ thread, but I do wonder if the ‘pissed off’ thread being three times the size of the ‘cheered up’ thread is a bloke thing, a general existence thing, or a bi product of this being a predominantly midlands based forum.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This might be one for the ‘Wonder’ thread, but I do wonder if the ‘pissed off’ thread being three times the size of the ‘cheered up’ thread is a bloke thing, a general existence thing, or a bi product of this being a predominantly midlands based forum.

I think it’s because of the high proportion of miserable buggers in this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

On topic likes this

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it's just a result of people generally wanting to vent more after something bad happens than good happens.

Like comment cards in a restaurant. Even if you're a good restaurant you'll have more bad comments than good. Because when people have a good time they have a good time. When they dont' they want to tell people about it

On 09/05/2020 at 10:48, Davkaus said:

I just finished week 5 of couch to 5k and ran for 20 minutes for possibly the first time in my life. 

I'm about 9kg down in 6 months, but 3kg since lockdown began. Could be a lot better off if I'd cut back on the booze earlier but I'm going to leave this covid19 lockdown bollocks behind in the best shape I've been in for years.

Should have a couple of extra kettlebells coming tomorrow as well.

How have you found the running? I tried doing it, but my calves got that bad I had to stop. 
So frustrating how much you lose fitness down the years 

Post guy just jumped the garden wall and delivered a parcel guaranteed delivery by 1:00pm.

Got it delivered with 4 minutes to spare.

£6 postage someone has paid for that service.

If he’d been going slower I could have told him he’s delivered it to the wrong address.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

How have you found the running? I tried doing it, but my calves got that bad I had to stop. 
So frustrating how much you lose fitness down the years 

I've just started doing a beginners yoga class off of the YouTubes. 20 minutes is all it was. Absolutely killed me (and that was just getting the lycra on). 

I've also downloaded the couch25k and I've a suspicion it will bring on a coronary so I'm going to stick with the yoga and doing some sit-ups (up to 250 a day) for now as I fully expect my body to reject the running out of hand until it's a bit more used to exercise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, choffer said:

I've just started doing a beginners yoga class off of the YouTubes. 20 minutes is all it was. Absolutely killed me (and that was just getting the lycra on). 

I've also downloaded the couch25k and I've a suspicion it will bring on a coronary so I'm going to stick with the yoga and doing some sit-ups (up to 250 a day) for now as I fully expect my body to reject the running out of hand until it's a bit more used to exercise. 

Yoga is deceptively difficult.

• Like 2

Â