Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm working whilst at home, and unfortunately my works never been busier.  This message is making me feel bad.  Needless to say, I've easily put a stone on, I'm scared of the scales!

I've had to take my pedometer off my wrist because it was depressing going to bed with 1500-3000 steps every weekday and then seeing it jump to 15,000+ on the weekends. 

I've been a part-time grounds worker too, digging out for my drive extension and digging out for my patio extension, plus all the sub-base going from my front drive to patio which was 2x850kg bags, filling skips etc.

Tonight (If my slabs ever turn up), I'll be moving 2 850kg bags of sand round the back, mixing it up in a cement mixer, moving my slabs to the back and laying the things! 

HURRY UP AND COME SLABS! :( 

That's gotta count as some exercise innit? 

Manual labour will get you fit, ripped and it’s good for the soul. 

I feel for your hamstrings though, they are gonna be f****d! 

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I lost around 2st from May-Sept and kept it all off through the winter. 

loads of new clobber, including a shed 

Treated pine lap is the new black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Treated pine lap is the new black.

Fashion related. As I’ve confessed before, I am a full on brand w***er when it comes to clobber, so imagine how pathetically excited I was about these bad boys yesterday....

Yes, I ordered 2 packs and yes I am a complete word removed 

cheered me up though 😃

7590245D-039F-46B3-9E2D-516496AA8B87.jpeg

£12.95 for 3!

Let me know your favourite logo, my missus is making these for about 30p a pop.

I’ll do you 3 for as tenner with Gucci, or Greggs, or C&A or whatever written on the side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

£12.95 for 3!

Let me know your favourite logo, my missus is making these for about 30p a pop.

I’ll do you 3 for as tenner with Gucci, or Greggs, or C&A or whatever written on the side.

C & A labelling to ensure  it’s not worn back to front?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Last Friday we had a Zoom family quiz. We won of course ;)

I consumed almost two bottles of wine and a large vodka before bed. I blacked out and can't remember a thing, as is my usual way but not long after falling asleep I apparently woke up and started yapping about all sorts of shit.

Unfortunately for me the wife recorded the whole thing. Actually I'm quite an amusing drunk.

You know what to *ahem* do...😉

• Haha 1

I took my laptop out in the garden for today’s work, I’ve now gone a lovely shade of pink. I’m cheered up because in two days it’ll turn brown.
Before peeling and fading away, but we’ll save that story for the things that p you off thread. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Two things that always make me feel better. 

1) Month of May and summer time

2) Meeting dogs. Just meeting dogs.

Depends on the dog. Same goes for cats. And people. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Depends on the dog. Same goes for cats. And people. 

I've never met a dog I didn't love.

I'm actually hating it at the moment because the park is full of hem but I don't feel I can pet them when they come up to me :( 

I love you really guys!

• Like 3

I have a dog and love him very much, but there are plenty of dogs I dislike.

My mother in laws Westie for example, he's a grumpy, snidy, untrustworthy little shit with a huge case of small dog syndrome so snarls, growls and barks at every other dog he sees. I'd love one of them to put him in his place one day.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a dog and love him very much, but there are plenty of dogs I dislike.

My mother in laws Westie for example, he's a grumpy, snidy, untrustworthy little shit with a huge case of small dog syndrome so snarls, growls and barks at every other dog he sees. I'd love one of them to put him in his place one day.

Sounds more like anxiety issues, we have the same problem with our dog.

Just as with people suffering panic attacks etc the dogs do not want to act this way, they're being driven to do so by their own anxieties.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Sounds more like anxiety issues, we have the same problem with our dog.

Just as with people suffering panic attacks etc the dogs do not want to act this way, they're being driven to do so by their own anxieties.

I think he's just not a very nice dog, in the same way you get people that are bastards. The mother in law thinks its hilarious that the father in law gets out of bed for a piss in the night, dog jumps in and then growls at him if he tries to move him. My dog would never dream of doing that. Mother in law also thinks its great that he starts on dogs twice his size. He barks incessantly if he's put outside when people are round their house. She's clearly the root of the problem.

• Like 1

Â