Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Got a £215 jumper for £65 because the shop had cocked up. 

It was supposed to be reduced by £65 to £150, but somebody had marked it up as £65 in error 

To my anonymous hero....

tenor.gif?itemid=8313954

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Got a £215 jumper for £65 because the shop had cocked up. 

It was supposed to be reduced by £65 to £150, but somebody had marked it up as £65 in error 

To my anonymous hero....

tenor.gif?itemid=8313954

Diamond encrusted I take it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Diamond encrusted I take it?

Nah, I’m just one of them absolute pricks that only buys overpriced clothes with labels on 😀

Most of them look shite on me and I buy stuff that isn’t age appropriate, but I just don’t care

tenor.gif?itemid=3416247

• Like 4

I was in a fancy shop in the Bullring (was there a Harvey Nicks? I think it was Harvey Nicks) and there was a fancy paisley shirt I liked. It was £24 but whilst that’s quite pricey, it looked like value for money. So I picked it up and was marching to the counters, achieved eye contact with sales assistant, smiled... Then I had one more glance at the shirt .... £240.

Just did a big arc of a walk around the shop and put it back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I was in a fancy shop in the Bullring (was there a Harvey Nicks? I think it was Harvey Nicks) and there was a fancy paisley shirt I liked. It was £24 but whilst that’s quite pricey, it looked like value for money. So I picked it up and was marching to the counters, achieved eye contact with sales assistant, smiled... Then I had one more glance at the shirt .... £240.

Might have been the Mailbox...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Selfridges? 

• Like 1

2 hour non-stop basketball scrimmages at 8am on a Sunday morning.

And to add an uninteresting side-note, four of the dozen or so who show up on Sundays are actually quite successful DJ's. One played at Coachella.

Some of the time they've played into the late/early hours from the Saturday night leading in, as despite producing, the best paid gigs are Saturday's.

Anyway, given the sheer level of success and brand of music, I might've thought these guys are coming to scrimmage high from the night before, their scene's rife with it.

It's the opposite, they are well and truly over partying as they're among it non-stop, and they say keeping healthy means they produce better tracks among other benefits.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

2 hour non-stop basketball scrimmages at 8am on a Sunday morning.

And to add an uninteresting side-note, four of the dozen or so who show up on Sundays are actually quite successful DJ's. One played at Coachella.

Some of the time they've played into the late/early hours from the Saturday night leading in, as despite producing, the best paid gigs are Saturday's.

Anyway, given the sheer level of success and brand of music, I might've thought these guys are coming to scrimmage high from the night before, their scene's rife with it.

It's the opposite, they are well and truly over partying as they're among it non-stop, and they say keeping healthy means they produce better tracks among other benefits.

As I understand it, the life of an international DJ is often pretty vanilla. Based on following a few on social media, it mostly consists of endless international flights and banal airport experiences, and then spending as much time as possible sleeping before and after gigs.

Of course it's more gung-ho for residents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I understand it, the life of an international DJ is often pretty vanilla. Based on following a few on social media, it mostly consists of endless international flights and banal airport experiences, and then spending as much time as possible sleeping before and after gigs.

Of course it's more gung-ho for residents.

Tis true in the main.

• Thanks 1

On 24/01/2020 at 10:12, Rugeley Villa said:

I love Crumpets but only have butter and peanut butter on them. I can imagine having something sweet on them would be nice too.

Mom always used to do buttered pikelets on a Sunday afternoon when Bullseye was on. It was the sign the weekend was nearly over and school was approaching! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Mom always used to do buttered pikelets on a Sunday afternoon when Bullseye was on. It was the sign the weekend was nearly over and school was approaching! 

Bad memories then. There is always something that used to remind you of a depressing Sunday afternoon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bad memories then. There is always something that used to remind you of a depressing Sunday afternoon. 

For me it was the BBC "classic serial" - usually a Charles Dickens (in black and white, natch). Possibly why I hate Dickens. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

For me it was the BBC "classic serial" - usually a Charles Dickens (in black and white, natch). Possibly why I hate Dickens. 

Heartbeat was the one that reminded me of Sunday’s and I cannot stand it on the tv now. You’d get a lot of those kind of programmes on. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I surely can't be alone in this as it implies I was a filthy bastard but after the chicken sandwich and Soreen, it was bath night. 

Oh yeah, weekly bath, whether you needed it or not!  :)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I surely can't be alone in this as it implies I was a filthy bastard but after the chicken sandwich and Soreen, it was bath night. 

...and my brother would have my bath water topped up with some more warm and a splash of bubble bath.

• Like 1

Â