Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Available from my online gift shop. Signed copies are £10 

Signed with what though ?

On second thoughts.......don't answer that !

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

EOvY-ngX4AIMf5U?format=jpg&name=900x900

This was one of my favourite old school boozers in Cardiff.

Out door loo, no bright blue drinks, home made potato and leek soup, too far from the centre to get the hipster makeover.

Taken down rather than demolished its being rebuilt elsewhere, at the museum over in St Fagans. They’re opening it as a pub!

I shall go along, have a pint and regale them my wonderful long winded Vulcan anecdotes, whether they want them or not.

Got snowed in there once. Awful day. 😀

I believe they are rebuilding it as it was last time you were in there :trollface:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m currently sat in the Barton’s Arms. Never stepped foot in here before for some reason, despite going up the Villa for 20+ years and always parking near it, but it’s a beauty.

Used to be our pub of choice before a game when I had a season ticket. Eat the food

EDIT: If you see Dave and Andy, old mates of mine from School, tell them I said hello

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m far from a big drinker, but I’m developing a bit of an obsession of old pubs like that. 

I’m currently sat in the Barton’s Arms. Never stepped foot in here before for some reason, despite going up the Villa for 20+ years and always parking near it, but it’s a beauty.

Great, great pub. I miss it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Quite an entertaining debate about what a debate is in on topic. Very meta. Definitely better as a spectator sport!

Are there enough people for it to be regarded as a mass debate?

On 19/01/2020 at 16:51, mottaloo said:

The sheer panic that goes through me if I think it's lost - 

I do the panic thing with my wallet ... when I’m out on the hoy I always move it to my front jeans pocket rather than the back one where it usually resides , just for when my spider senses are diminished by alcohol .

of course invariably 5 mins later I grab my back pocket and think shit I’ve lost my wallet and go into that panic mode before remembering that I have of course moved it 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I do the panic thing with my wallet ... when I’m out on the hoy I always move it to my front jeans pocket rather than the back one where it usually resides , just for when my spider senses are diminished by alcohol .

of course invariably 5 mins later I grab my back pocket and think shit I’ve lost my wallet and go into that panic mode before remembering that I have of course moved it 

Me.

London.

Every 40 seconds.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

They’re lovely soaked in butter ;)

Same.

Sometimes I soak them in butter and top with jam.

My other half thinks I'm absolutely mental. Am I alone on this?

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same.

Definitely not. All sorts of sweet things make great crumpet toppings - jam, honey, maple syrup, for instance. Generally I go Marmite, or Marmite and cheese, but sweet is good too. 

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same.

No there are loads of mental people.

• Haha 4

Â